This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Hi there Kleo support,

I am trying to create a custom 404 page, but not going to my desire.

I made a page and assigned it with the 404-page template, but on the front end it doesn’t show the page that I made when you make try to go to an non excisting page Still showing the standard template. I played around with the php files in the theme folder and making a copy of it in child theme folder, but it didn’t get me what I want. It also made the page to be named 404-02 while there was no 404 page in the back-end to begin with.

What I want:

A full screen video (autoplay) and then below the 404 search form can be, aligned in the center. Plus when you go to a wrong page/post that would be the page you’ll see.

Considering the fact that I would also like to have a customized archive page template. I would really want to know what the right steps are to make this happen.

Really looking forward to getting this done correctly!

Kind regards,

Isidore

Laura

Hello, that page is created at 404.php at the theme files, copy the file and paste it at your child theme, then edit it there 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have done that and it is not working 🙂

On the server:
    The 404 template is called from somewhere else and ignores the kleo child theme template!

WordPress backend:
    Page build with VC completly ignores the settings and shows the 404 template as set on the server side.

Website Front-end:
    Does not show the customized 404 page (with template set correctly) but the standard server side template

Please help me solve this issue.

Thank You!

Laura

Hello, can you share admin and ftp access so i can check it out?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, edited 404.php and added your video, let me know if it looks fine

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for this! A few final questions:

Can you tell me if it is possible to have a transparant header, and that the video is at the top (no padding, no/or transparant title + transparent header)?

Can it be set to autoplay?

What type of video (controls) are being used on the 404 page? They look much better then on my other posts and I would love to have that as standard. What or how to change that? Check here for comparison.

Kind regards,
    Isidore

Laura

Hello, Video set to autoplay
    Title hidden 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Thank you so much @Laura!

Any idea on the reason why the video controls on the 404 are different in comparison to my posts?

Laura

Hello, its because is an html video, made with html code 🙂 Its a different video player

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Is it possible to use that for all the video’s? Which options should I use in VC or (post) theme options to achieve this?

Laura

Hello, you will need to do this by code, is not an element of vc
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Thanks again @Laura!
    Have a good weekend 🙂

Laura

You too! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?