This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by cali82.

• Author
     cali82
    Participant

Hello=)

I would really love for this theme to force the users to choose a membership.

My issue is that I see a lot of people on my site as participants, but they did not choose a membership level. I purchased a plugin called BP Auto Activate Autologin Redirect To Profile On Signup. They created a redirect for the members to go to the membership page to select a membership after creating a profile. I thought this would resolve it, but apparently it didn’t.

Thanks!

Andrei

Hi Cali,

We have already solved this in our forums, please check the solution in this topic: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/integrate-registration-and-membership-creation#post-38399

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution
     cali82
    Participant

Thanks I will try it=)

cali82
    Participant

Hello=)

I did the following you suggested, but I also have a plugin that redirects to the membership after signing up. Could u please tell me if my settings are fine now? I can’t figure it out.

Thanks!

Andrei

From the plugin settings please find a way to deactivate the redirect and use only the autologin functionality. If there is no such option in the plugin you use then please contact the plugin author to help you do that.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     cali82
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Yeah, remove the last function and the filter from that file and the redirect of that plugin should stop, letting the other code I recommended you to work properly.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     cali82
    Participant

Hello again=)

Originally they gave me this to just redirect to membership only, before I asked how to force a profile as well. I do not have this specific code in there, but was wondering if I need it? After adding the code you suggested in the forum. Sorry if I am all over the place. I just tried to do so man things and now I need to make sure I delete the correct stuff. I deleted the custom php I previously posted.

add_filter(
    ‘bpdev_autoactivate_redirect_url’,
    ‘vd_redirect_to_membership_level’,10,2);
    function
    vd_redirect_to_membership_level(
    $user_url, $user_id){

Thanks!

cali82
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

You should better deactivate that plugin, use the code recommended in the forum, find a code to deactivate BuddyPress activation step and use a general wp plugin to auto login your user at register.

I’m trying to guide you as much as I can as how this is a custom case and it might require some code adjustments depending of the overall plugins you use.

Cheers

cali82
    Participant

Hello=)

You are the boss and know better than I do. I have followed your instructions. Plugin is deactivated (redirect is removed) and I added your code.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?