This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by jenny555.

• Author
     ginigarbick
    Participant

Now I’ve really gone and done it.

I made one small change to my functions.php file (in Child Theme) and have white screened my entire site. Everything is locked up. I even tried simply recopying the functions.php code into the editor and saving it – but to no avail. It’s seriously pissed at me.

Please help!

ginigarbick
    Participant

My host provider found the following kink in the hose:

[30-Aug-2015 18:17:45 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘2’ (T_LNUMBER), expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) or ‘$’ in /home/ginigarb/public_html/everygirlneedsagay/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php on line 28

Whatever happened wiped out my entire site. PLEASE HELP!

jenny555
    Participant

Please, copy / paste here the line 28 of your functions.php

ginigarbick
    Participant

I found the culprit in mine! It’s the WPBakery Visual Composer. I deactivated it, and my social icons and secondary icons reappeared! It did not fix the issue with my commercial, however….so please continue to assist with that, if you can.

It’s saying that there is an update available, but when I try to update it I receive the following error:

Error! Envato API error.

Is this anything you are familiar with? I know it as the distribution (Envato) level…I’m just hoping that you may have seen this before and can point me in the direction I need to go.

Thanks again!
    Gini

jenny555
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?