This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by airsidworld.

• Author
     Marcyboy
    Participant

I’d like to hide members real names and only show members nicknames. I found this piece of code I placed in functions.php but it doesn’t work.

/* Display Username in Directory */
    function kleo_member_username() {
    global $members_template;

return $members_template->member->user_login;
    }
    add_filter(‘bp_member_name’,’kleo_member_username’);

Could you tell me how to correct this please.

adam
    Participant
     Marcyboy
    Participant

This plugin works for the members directory but not the members profile page.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, You can edit members/single/member-header.php and change bp_displayed_user_fullname with bp_displayed_user_username

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Marcyboy
    Participant

Hi Thanks for the reply. I have edited members/single/member-header.php and changed bp_displayed_user_fullname with bp_displayed_user_username which works OK for the members name above profile picture.

But the members name is still displayed in the About Me section to the right of the profile picture.

Abe
    Keymaster

Here is a topic that shows how to hide the name in the profile page: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/hide-fields-in-profile-accordion

For the Tab next to the profile image you need to apply the same conditionals as above in this file: wp-content/themes/sweetdate/custom_buddypress/class-bp-tabs.php where you find bp_get_the_profile_field_name()

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

airsidworld
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

You can place the file in your child theme.
    The same condition to check for the name.You require basic php knowledge

---

airsidworld
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I hope you understand that you need to hire a developer for customization purposes since this is not the scope of this forum to do customization for each user 🙂
    You need basic PHP knowledge if you want to change code.

Anyway, for this one replace:

COPY CODE

$this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '<dt>'. bp_get_the_profile_field_name().'</dt>';
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '<dd>'. bp_get_the_profile_field_value().'</dd>';

with

COPY CODE

if (bp_get_the_profile_field_name() != "Name") {
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '<dt>'. bp_get_the_profile_field_name().'</dt>';
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '<dd>'. bp_get_the_profile_field_value().'</dd>';
    }

and

COPY CODE

$this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '<div class="callout"><div class="bp-profile-details">';
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= bp_get_the_profile_field_name();
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '</div><div class="cite">'. bp_get_the_profile_field_value() .'</div></div>';

with

COPY CODE

if (bp_get_the_profile_field_name() != "Name") {
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '<div class="callout"><div class="bp-profile-details">';
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= bp_get_the_profile_field_name();
                                    $this->tabs_instance->fields_data[$name] .= '</div><div class="cite">'. bp_get_the_profile_field_value() .'</div></div>';
    }

---

airsidworld
    Participant

Ok thanks a lot for the code, i’ll try it ;).
    I understand for the customization, I just thought that hidding Full Name of users for privacy purpose would interest a lot of people, as it is usally done on dating website.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?