This topic has 24 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     wbz
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed some icons doesn’t show beside the label names both on the front-end and the dashboard. I attached screenshots of pages where they have the issue. Pls advice how to resolve it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Did you recently turn on ssl? Basically your font files aren’t loading.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

wbz
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, i enabled SSL. Is there a way to make the fonts load with SSl on?

sharmstr

Clear your cache or cdn.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

also, this may help: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/uploading-media-icon-not-appears-on-active-stream#post-71585

wbz
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     wbz
    Participant
     wbz
    Participant
     sharmstr

In every case I’ve been involved in, clearing the cache and purging the cdn solved the issue. Are you positive that its still not trying to server old files? What errors are you getting when you use your browser inspector?

wbz
    Participant
     sharmstr

If you want to give me access, I’ll be happy to take a look as well.

wbz
    Participant
     wbz
    Participant
     sharmstr

I need a link to the site

wbz
    Participant
     sharmstr

I needed access to so I could see the theme options. But doesnt matter. The same thing is happening with jetpack. If you look at the console, its throwing 403 forbidden errors when trying to load the jetpack fonts. So I suppose I can assume its doing the same for the fontello fonts.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     wbz
    Participant
     wbz
    Participant
     sharmstr

Kleo isnt causing it and its nothing I can fix. Its a 403 Forbidden error. I thought you knew what that meant since you said “Yes…” http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/403error.htm

wbz
    Participant
     sharmstr

Sorry for the confusion. I figured if you knew what it was that you’d also know that there’s nothing I can do. You need to do it or contact your host to help.

wbz
    Participant

Ok…Thanks for your assistance. 🙂

sharmstr

Anytime 🙂

wbz
    Participant

Hello sharmstr, i traced the issue to an .htaccess rule which must have been blocking the icon fonts.

The rules below were in an htaccess file in the wp-content directory

COPY CODE
    # File Control
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    <Files ~ ".(xml|css|jpe?g|png|gif|js|pdf|doc|docx|ppt|pptx)$">
    Allow from all
    </Files>
    #

I deleted the file and the icons are now visible. 🙂
    I’ll try adding the font icons extensions to the list of allowed files and observe the result.
    I hope it helps anyone having similar issues. (y)
    Thanks

sharmstr

Awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?