This topic has 23 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Laura.

• Author
     shaundrania
    Participant

How do I install the updated sweetdate theme?  Do I have to deactivate the theme and then install the plugin? I think I’m doing something wrong because it’s not allowing me to install the updated plugin.

shaundrania
    Participant

Also, I think I put the API into the sweetdate admin section for auto updates on the site but I’m not sure. Would the purchase code on themeforest be considered the API?

Laura

Hello, please try by installing the plugin “envato toolkit” this should allow you to update anything. And the api is not the purchase code, its found at Account section of themeforest

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Laura, I made a mistake and I’m trying to figure out how to fix it. I want to add the “mixed form” option back to my home page but I don’t know how. I believe I deleted awhile back.

So, basically what I want to have is – if a person is not a member, they will see a registration form on the homepage either next to or underneath the slider. But, if they are a member then they will see the search option next to or underneath the slider.

Can you help me with this?

Laura

Hello, i can set it up for you, which page?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

shaundrania
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, you need to use elementor at the hoe page to be able to add it, want me to rebuild the home page for you with elementor?

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Laura, yes rebuild it please. But, I want to keep the slides and text I have on the home page the same. Also, I have inserted a code to prevent same sex search so I don’t want to have the member carousel on there.

Thank you for adding the search/register form!!!

shaundrania
    Participant

Laura, we’re you able to make changes to the home page?

shaundrania
    Participant

Hi Laura, I’ve been waiting patiently for your help since Friday and I have yet to receive any help. Will you PLEASE RESPOND!

I’ve added the search to the front page myself but I seem to be having a different issue now. This past weekend I added the php code to prevent the same sex search on my site but it’s not working with the profile (home) search I’ve added to the fact not page. How can I fix this?

I hope you respond soon

Laura

Hello, sorry for the delay, our system orders the tickets by last response time and as you responded to your own reply it was moved down instead of being at the top as waiting for response.
    About the same sex, did you use our code here? It needs some improvement and right now its not working for the search and the directory, we will be checking it to make it compatible but at this moment only a developer could integrate it with buddypress, sadly is not a feature that buddypress has so it needs a lot of work

shaundrania
    Participant

Laura, no problem. can you help me with the steps to adding the advance search to members page? Can you please tell me what to do after installing shortcode ultimate plugin?

Thank you!!!

Laura

Hello, you can deactivate and delete that plugin, now we are using the shortcode of the search form at Users > Profile Fields
    Using the same guide and code, just replace the shortcode ( starts with [ ends with ] ) with the search form shortcode at Users > Profile search

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Laura, I’m not sure I understand. Will you give me the code to add?

Are these the steps?
    1) get shortcode of profile fields (please tell me what/where this is)?
    2) copy code
    3) add code to theme functions in editor?
    4) replace (starts with/ends with) with search form code (please tell me where/what that is)?
    5). Do I need to add the css code in theme style on editor?

Thank you Laura for your help!!

Laura

Hello, just go to Appearance > Edit and at members-loop.php find

COPY CODE

[su_spoiler title="OPEN Advanced Search Tab" style="fancy" icon="caret"][kleo_search_members_horizontal before="" button=1][/su_spoiler]

And replace it with the search form shortcode you want to use at Users > Profile search

shaundrania
    Participant

Thank you!! Laura, for some reason the members aren’t showing at all on my members page. It says “sorry, no members were found” from the front end. But when I’m looking from the backend and I go to a user profile, it shows me the members. What could I need to do or fix?

Laura

Hello, i would need to check the files… if you can share ftp access and wp-admin
    I think it may be the code that is using the old template

shaundrania
    Participant
     shaundrania
    Participant

Laura, I believe the problem regarding the “no members found” has been fixed.

As to the Advanced search tab – I’ve completed the process and installed the shortcode ultimate plugin. Is this plugin safe to use with the theme? Will it create any problems? If it isn’t good for the theme, can you suggest another way for me to create the tab appearance on the members page?

Thank you for your help!!

Laura

Hello, you could go to Users > Profile search and copy the search form shortcode you want to use, then replace the old search shortcode at the members-loop.php

shaundrania
    Participant

Laura, how do I make the slider on my homepage visible on a phone device?

Laura

Hello, please check https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/slider-in-responsive-and-mobile-devices#post-190699

shaundrania
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, try by adding this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

div#rev_slider_1_1_wrapper {
        display: block !important;
    }

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?