This topic has 22 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Abracadabra
    Participant

The way it is now, its almost as if the site was “hacked” they click login and get taken away to some redirect screen on a blank background to log in. Is there a way to have login window on the front page eliminating this extra page they have to go through?

sharmstr

You have 3 ways of providing a login that wont do that.

1 – Add the Kleo login link to your menu: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/popup-login-not-working-at-homepage#post-42359

2- Add the (Buddypress) Login Widget to a side bar.

3 – Add it to your home page: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/custom-login-menu#post-42697

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abracadabra
    Participant

I created the widget sidebar and added it, the problem which I have now is that I cant place it in the middle of my picture in the slider, it either goes above or below it. Is there a way to place that widget as a new layer on top of my picture?

Abracadabra
    Participant

Also when I go to edit menus, I dont have the KLEOnavmenu there as an option as shown on your screenshot for another way to do this. Does that come automatically with download, or do I need to do something extra?

sharmstr

If you’re using a slider, add it to the slider using the widget sidebar shortcode

COPY CODE

[vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id="sidebar-14"]

You’ll have to add some custom css probably. Or alternatively, add a button to your slider that triggers the login modal (popup) form. Off the top of my head its something like

COPY CODE

[kleo_button title='Login' style='see-through kleo-show-login' icon='desktop' tooltip_position='left' tooltip_action='hover' size='lg' href='#']

kleo-show-login is the trigger. Either way you might want to wrap all of that in the Content By User Type shortcode so it only visible to people who are not logged in.

COPY CODE

[kleo_restrict type="guest"][kleo_button title='Login' style='see-through kleo-show-login' icon='desktop' tooltip_position='left' tooltip_action='hover' size='lg' href='#'][/kleo_restrict]

If you’re just using a picture, make the picture a background of the row.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

KLEOnavmenu is in the demo import. But its just a name. It can be called Rumpelstiltskin. It really doesnt matter. That menu has every link possible. Trust me, you dont want to import all of that.

Abracadabra
    Participant

[kleo_button title='Login' style='see-through kleo-show-login' icon='desktop' tooltip_position='left' tooltip_action='hover' size='lg' href='#']

[kleo_restrict type="guest"][kleo_button title='Login' style='see-through kleo-show-login' icon='desktop' tooltip_position='left' tooltip_action='hover' size='lg' href='#'][/kleo_restrict]

I posted this code in theme functions php and nothing showed up. Im pretty clueless on all of this.

sharmstr

That code goes on a layer in your slider using Revolution Slider, if you’re using a slider. If you dont have any experience in css, then I suggest the button method.

If you’re not using a slider and using an image, then make that image a background of the row in VC that your form is in. Then you can use the gui shortcodes in VC.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abracadabra
    Participant

I put it in custom css too, and nothing showed up

Abracadabra
    Participant

sorry, didnt see that post above, checking it now

Abracadabra
    Participant

Great thanks! I got it to work. I was able to take out the desktop icon out of the by typing in “none”

How can I change font size and color on that text however? When I change style to something else it still stays in white and same size.

Abracadabra
    Participant

The remaining problem is regular login button on my admin bar which still takes users to buddypress separate screen.

sharmstr

Admin bar: Do a google search for info on that. That’s a wp thing. See about hiding that and adding your own login link with a kleo-show-login css rule.

The button is just a kleo button. You can go into vc and add a button an play around with the styles until you find something you like. The current style is “see-through”. Or you can try removing see-through and adding you own style.

Abracadabra
    Participant

I have been searching for few hrs and nothing regarding hiding BB login/register on the bar, no plug ins either, its easy to hide site’s name using some plug ins, but nothing for hiding login and register. It seems that the entire bar has to hidden, which is not an option for me. I think all people using KLEO log ins must all be hiding that somehow off the bar.

Regarding using my own button/image for that Kleo Log in link, could you tell me exactly how/where to upload it and what to put in text/html to change it, I cant figure that out.

sharmstr

BB login? Do you mean BP?

COPY CODE

function remove_admin_bar_links() {
        global $wp_admin_bar;
        $wp_admin_bar->remove_menu('bp-login'); 
    	$wp_admin_bar->remove_menu('bp-register'); 

}
    add_action( 'wp_before_admin_bar_render', 'remove_admin_bar_links' );

Actually, out of all the kleo sites I’ve seen (and most WP sites I’ve seen) hardly anyone is using the WP Admin bar. Its annoying and gives users easy access to the backend. Additionally, plugins like to put their links up there, so you have to constantly hide them through code. Its just easier to create your own menu. Less maintenance. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

Instead of the kleo button shortcode, try the single image shortcode and do as I suggested before which was add kleo-show-login to the css. Again, ‘kleo-show-login’ is the trigger for it. You can add it to anything that accepts a class attribute. I’m suggesting doing it this way because I dont think you can add class attributes to the image in rev slider. You could google it to see if its possible though.

I strongly suggest you hire someone with a bit of wordpress coding to help you customize your site.

Abracadabra
    Participant

thanks, unfortunately that code and others I found, do not delete login/register, when added to php functions.

sharmstr

Works fine on a clean install. I tested it before I gave it to you.

Attachments:
     Abracadabra
    Participant

Ok, thank you, it might be some plugins then.
    Is it possible to link the Login button on admin menu to Kleo pop up, have some people done that? Perhaps set up some redirect from login button url to something that would trigger the pop up? I think I might have a plug in to do that, but I dont know what to redirect to for the pop up to show up.

sharmstr

Again, ‘kleo-show-login’ is the trigger for it. You can add it to anything that accepts a class attribute.

sharmstr

Let me ask you this. Why do you need the admin bar? Perhaps there’s a better way.

Abracadabra
    Participant

The issue with KLEO button for log in is that its too small, as is now its hard to see it especially on mobile. It actually does not work on mobile, when i click it it lights up but log in screen does not show up. It works fine on PC and Ipad. The text on admin bar also does not show up on mobile, not sure why that is.

I like the admin bar because it looks good for me with the black and white pictures that I have on the slider, and also inside, there I only have a website name-description and all the way to the right Hello, Name avatar and when clicked a drop down shows up, thats exactly how I want it. Using different plug ins i disabled dashboard access for non-admin, they only see name and description.

Attachments:
     Kosiii
    Participant

Hi there,
    For not opening a new thread as my question is related to this that you wrote further up :

The current style is “see-through”. Or you can try removing see-through and adding you own style.

Do you have a list of the shortcodes that can be added? I want to remove the see throught and change the color to something else than white!

sharmstr

@kosiii – The easiest thing to do is build your button using VC. Start a new page, using VC add a button and select the options you want. When you are satisfied with the way it looks, switch to classic view and copy the button shortcode you created.

Attachments:
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?