This topic has 112 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

rawbox
    Participant

I was told under comments to replace the file assets/css/app.min.css with another code. I wanted to know if I use ftp manager to edit the code can I use notepad to edit the file or do i have to use a special css program?

Thanks

Kamal

Hi,
    Can you please explain your problem with more details? who told you to change that file? and why are you trying to modify that file? If you want to change any style of your web site, you should make all changes in the style.css of KLEO child theme so that your modification remains intact after future update. Please explain your problem with more details or screenshot, I hope I can help you.
    Thanks,
    Kamal

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     rawbox
    Participant

It isn’t anything to do with design. Its to fix a defect in the template that has issues with hosted videos. Your company had told me to do this. If you can go under the page where you sell this theme on themeforest.com and go to the comments section page 54 and scroll down until you see rawbox conversation you will see all of the discussions about this problem. I am very behind schedule on my project because of this. One problem after another with hosted videos.

Thanks

sharmstr

Notepad is fine. Just make sure when you save it that it doesnt add .txt to the end.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Kamal

Hi, if you have any problem editing that file, please let me know. I can also edit that file for you if you cant.
    thanks,
    Kamal.

@sharmstr
    : thank you very much for the answer.

rawbox
    Participant

Really thank you for the quick reply. I have edited the file and it corrected the video size issue so that’s great but i still have one existing issue.

The issue is as follows

Some videos in portfolio mode as the one listed here http://a01.eae.myftpupload.com/test/
    show up as a black or blank box where the video thumbnail should be. Why does this happen and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

rawbox
    Participant

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

rawbox
    Participant

This happens in every browser tested.

Thanks

rawbox
    Participant

Also on firefox browser page loads super slow. Basically an empty page takes about 2 minutes to fully load using firefox and other browsers take about 10 seconds. Why is this?

rawbox
    Participant

???????????????????? would like to get this fixed before the holiday? at this rate the issue won’t get resolved. Its been 4 business days with no response. Thats 72 hrs instead of your 48 hrs max limit specified. What can I do to get some help?

sharmstr

As far as I know, WordPress doesn’t automatically generate thumbnails when you upload a video. You need a plugin for that.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

If you go into WP Admin – Media, then select the video you uploaded, then click on edit more details, you’ll see that it WordPress doesnt show a thumbnail… just a black/blank video player.

Abe
    Keymaster

@sharmstr thank you

I will try to use the Featured image from the Portfolio item as a thumbnail for the video. Doing some tests and keep you posted

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

and another thing that could be the source of the problem is you don’t add all the variants of the video like webm and ogv

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

rawbox
    Participant

seems like sometimes shows up on certain browsers as a picture and others it never shows up and is a black thumbnail.

If it was consistent and never showed up on all browsers I would maybe think a plugin would fix it. But how it stands now, it seems it wants to show the Thumbnail but doesn’t always do so. Sometimes if lets say 10 videos are uploaded then 5 show up as pictures and 5 show up black.

Thanks for the help

Abe
    Keymaster

if it shows on some browsers then is related to adding all the media formats, webm and ogv since each browser likes different format.
    Also is related to he mp4 encoding that should be H.264

---

rawbox
    Participant

How do I add all media formats? I only upload mp4 videos

sharmstr

Using the featured image is probably a good idea. But you can also set a featured image for the video in the media manager. I tested that and it worked when viewing it in the backend, but not on the frontend.

I will say that I had no idea that you could set a featured image for uploaded video. Its not very apparent that you can do that. WordPress needs to make this easier.

Abe
    Keymaster

I came up with an improvement and now you can set the poster from that section. See the print-screen with the setting.

Replace all files from the archive in your theme.

---

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     rawbox
    Participant

Ok great…..so I just add a picture in the new section on every video page right?

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes, see the print-screen for the field location

---

rawbox
    Participant

I don’t see that on my screen….. Do i have to manually update the theme?

Abe
    Keymaster

@rawbox please read my instructions..

---

rawbox
    Participant

I dont know whether you mean to replace all video files i uploaded or all Kleo theme files?

sharmstr

He means all the files in the zip file he provided here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/issue-with-hosted-videos#post-36616

sharmstr

Great solution, Abe. Thank you.

Abe
    Keymaster

🙂 well it seemed like a good option to have.

---

rawbox
    Participant

ok will try that….. Thanks

so replace kleo theme and not kleo child files? correct?

Abe
    Keymaster

yes, if you looked child theme is mostly empty …

---

rawbox
    Participant

I replaced all files located in zip you provided except for the _MACOSX . I can’t find that file anywhere. Is this just for other versions?

Also the poster option shows up and even shows up on the front end but the poster/picture does not re-size to fit portfolio sizes and creates many issues…..see link here http://a01.eae.myftpupload.com/test/

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

_MACOSX file can be ignored
    please also add this CSS in your Quick css section from Theme otions to fix the poster:

COPY CODE

.mejs-container .mejs-poster.mejs-layer {display: none!important;}

---

rawbox
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response.

Was wondering if you can help me with another issue i opened up a while ago. I know your busy but for some reason i haven’t gotten a response from my other issue. What are your thoughts?

rawbox
    Participant

Also the container css that you gave me works for the issue in chrome browser but not in internet explorer browser etc.

open link using internet explorer http://a01.eae.myftpupload.com/test/

Thanks

rawbox
    Participant

It actually does not work in chrome either…..For some reason it worked once but after refreshing the page and opening new pages I haven’t been able to see it work again. I emptied all cache etc. Still no luck

rawbox
    Participant

Still struggling with this guys……

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Appreciate all the help so far.

Abe
    Keymaster

will do some testings and let you know how it goes

---

rawbox
    Participant

Ok Great, thanks for the update…… I will be waiting 🙂

rawbox
    Participant

Just an update…..

I upgraded to Kleo 2.2 and as i did that of course the video poster option was rewritten and disappeared so instead of replacing the files you gave me, i tried to use the featured image option to see if that would fix the issue.

When using the featured image option no image appears. Basically looks like nothing was done and black box appears. So featured image does not work for either Chrome or internet explorer.

I won’t replace the kleo files you gave me until I hear back from you since you might have a different fix all together.

thanks again

Will be waiting to hear back from you.

rawbox
    Participant

Any Update yet ?? 🙁

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, please update to 2.3 version and see what doesn’t look right.

Thanks

---

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘issue with hosted videos’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?