This topic has 112 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

rawbox
    Participant

Updated to 2.3 and now the poster option is available which is great. sizing problems still exist. Poster image shows up in all browsers which is the good news.

Size issue looks different in all browsers. No browser shows correctly sized poster image.

I have taken screen shoots of how the problem looks in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer all have different poster size problems.

link is http://a01.eae.myftpupload.com/test/

and the screen shoots are below

just a side note: poster image size is inconsistent when refreshing the browser. Example: first browser load, poster image is lets say 300×300 px. Then refresh the page poster image changes to 200×300 px.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

You should put a poster that has the same width/height ratio as the video since there is no way to cover the video if you add one like the one in the middle.
    I will look for extra fixes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Also you should consider adding also the .webm and .ogv versions of the movie since firefox doesn’t read the .mp4 html5 video

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

rawbox
    Participant

Ok, did what you requested. Added a poster image 480 x 270 px same size as videos. Still has position and sizing issues but to a lesser degree.

Was hoping for an auto re-size or a place you can adjust all poster images in one place just like you have for the portfolio video size, instead of manually re-sizing all the images one by one. That way you can match them both up and they get automatically fitted. This will save a huge amount of time.

But with that being said, even when using an image with the exact same size as video still does not solve the problem. see images below.

Thanks a million
    Please let me know asap. ( I’m drastically behind schedule )

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

try replacing this files in the theme and see how it goes. I did extra checks to ensure it works if Firefox even if you don’t add all the required video formats

---

Attachments:
     rawbox
    Participant

Ok….. thank you. I will replace those files but in the mean time I did upload a .webm format of the video as you suggested but it didn’t fix anything in Firefox. So i’m guessing the problems stems from more then just the format no being available.

Thanks a Million

rawbox
    Participant

After replacing all the files in the zip I don’t see any improvements what so ever. It’s the same as it was before.

??

Thanks

rawbox
    Participant

I even re-did everything 3 times to make sure……still nothing. No Improvement

Abe
    Keymaster

hello, yesterday 2.3.1 has been released, have you tried to update since the above files are in that update too?

---

rawbox
    Participant

So after the update things got worse. Seems like the poster pics get resized but to the wrong size.

see attached screen shots

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

First you should disable the minify and cache plugin while in development if you want to test since some problems for sure come from that

---

rawbox
    Participant

ok good to know.

I deactivated minify . Didn’t seem to fix anything. Should i do anything else?

Abe
    Keymaster

something is definitely strange since the the video play bar looks just like a white bar… and in my tests it is nowhere like that. if it is a test site try to do a clean install with the theme and new portfolio items

---

rawbox
    Participant

I downloaded a totally fresh version of kleo and then replaced the old version of the folder by ftp transfer. After all that the video play bar still looks weird and it looks like i never replaced the kleo folder.

I verified that the new folder replaced the old one because after deleting the old folder the live site showed it was empty.

Am i doing something wrong?

rawbox
    Participant

Also just to add I did not replace the kleo child folder. I left that the same since i have a lot of work on other pages that i wouldn’t want to lose since i have a good couple months of work saved.

rawbox
    Participant

Been trying to troubleshoot this for the past 3 days and still can’t see anything wrong on my end.

One thing i have noticed is when page is refreshed sometimes the weird video bar disappears and looks like the first screen shoot I attached. Then after refreshing again weird video bar appears again (second screen shot). Every other time page is refreshed portfolio area changes ?????

Attachments:
     rawbox
    Participant

Please make sure you refresh page many times in order to test this out correctly. Problem does not happen on every load. looks like problem happens 2 out of 3 times give or take.

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, will do some tests again… can you attach the code as a text file from your page so I can import it to my test page?

---

rawbox
    Participant

Do you just mean the source code you can get from the browser when the page is viewed ? I attached that below

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

no, if you go in your page edit in admin area you can click the classic view and then Text tab

---

rawbox
    Participant

ok….here you go

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

it takes your portfolio entries so it is quicker to just give me temporary admin access so I can check it live. Thanks

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Just mark the reply as private

---

rawbox
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Did some testing and it seems to be related to the flash version that loads when the browser doesn’t support the video file provided. PLease share some ftp credentials too to make some code changes live.

---

rawbox
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

95% fixed 🙂
    one more issue to fix, will let you know

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Fixed, All the files are uploaded on your site and the fixes will be in the next version also

---

rawbox
    Participant

Great 🙂

Thanks A million

I really Appreciate it

rawbox
    Participant

So Chrome and internet explorer Versions look flawless and everything looks to be fixed….. But when i got to firefox looks like problems still exist. I do have both webm and mp4 videos uploaded but firefox seems to hide all videos and cover up the video area with what ever is below on that page. see attachment.

Thanks

Attachments:
     rawbox
    Participant

Abe,

Also just found out one other thing. Previously all videos showed up perfect on mobile devices. Now the mobile video looks exactly like the screenshot of the Firefox page above. Videos are all hidden on mobile.

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

I tested on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and works. It takes a bit to load the videos with Flash. Oh and you have a device that don’t support Flash then you should consider adding the webm and ogv videos too since this was the problem from the beginning

---

rawbox
    Participant

That’s strange because with just the mp4 videos they loaded fine on my android device before and now no videos load at all no matter how much time i wait. Also the firefox browser does not load videos either even though i have a webm and mp4 versions loaded?

The firefox issue and android mobile issue looks exactly the same. No other browsers or formats have this issue. Just android mobile and Firefox

Attachment below is how the page looks on both android and Firefox.

Attachments:
     rawbox
    Participant

This is beginning to be a nightmare………

Not only does the Firefox and android mobile still not load even after uploading ALL formats,,,, Mp4, OBV, WEBM ……. But it seems Chrome is still not fixed because every time I load Chrome i get a different result. Not once can I replicate how the Chrome browser loads the video files. Every time I load I get a different result. VERY UNSTABLE.

Attached below is some examples of how Chrome Loads even after waiting 5 min to make sure everything has loaded.

So again……….

* FireFox Still does not load Videos

* Android Mobile Browser (chrome) does not load videos

* Chrome does not load all videos 50% of the time. Very unreliable

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Ok, I know how to fix it for you, since there are only videos I will remove the isotope plugin that makes the videos arrange absolute. You won’t see a difference since all videos are mostly the same size. If the access is still open I will do it on your site

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Please test. should be fine now

---

rawbox
    Participant

ok chrome seems to be fixed……..but Firefox and Android Mobile still broken.

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

can you please clear you cache?

---

rawbox
    Participant

Yes i always Clear cache….

Now Firefox Seems to load more then it ever has but loading takes 10 times longer then other browsers. And when refresh is hit the site basically freezes and doesn’t reload. Why is this?

Also the android mobile Chrome doesn’t show any videos.

Thanks

rawbox
    Participant

Update:….. chrome mobile works now….. i dont know why it suddenly works unless you fixed it while i was testing it…..

That leaves only one last problem now.

Last issue now is just Firefox’s Extremely long loading time and freezing when page is refreshed etc.

Thanks

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘issue with hosted videos’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?