This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     D3VINE
    Participant

Hello! I decided to create a special social media homepage in my wordpress multisite utilizing Kleo where i can have users see almost all site activity and also be able to posts their own latest posts something like the news-feed on Facebook. However, i have looked and it seems the only way a user can make a post is if they go tothe activity page created by buddy press.

Is it possible to have an element or shortcode that will enable me to allow users to easily update thier activity from the page i modified to be the social media homepage? (It was originally known as home pintrest in the demo) if not is there a code or something i can pull from the activity page to incorporate that activity bar from the activity page to enable users to paste thier updates from the page i created? Please let me know. Thanks!

~~~~~

I’ve Included a cropped screenshot of what i have in mind if what i wrote isn’t too clear. The area circled in red is what i would like to bring from the activity page into the special page i modified using the kleo demo data from home pintrest.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Use the activity stream shortcode and select yes for form.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

D3VINE
    Participant

Lol thank you! Didn’t realize it was that simple!. However is it possible to remove the actual activity feed from the activity stream element? I don’t want that blue highlighted area that says “Right now there is no activity to show” To be visible.

Please let me know if it is possible to remove that part of the element

sharmstr

I almost posted that solution first, but then thought you might want users to be able to see that their update actually posted. If you hide that area and only show the form, there is not visual indication that their update was successful and they may do it multiple times. Maybe set it to only show 1 activity so they can at least see something. If you really want to hide it, try this.

COPY CODE

ul#activity-stream {
    display: none;
    }

But make sure you put it in the css section for the page using VC (the gear icon, upper right of VC section). Dont put it in your child css or it will hide it for the entire site.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

D3VINE
    Participant

Interestingly enough initially the code said it was overqualified so i had to delete the “ul#” from it but still for whatever reason it wont remove the blue section from the activity stream element. Do you know if there is any other way i can rewrite the code or a different code that would make the section disappear?

thanks! You have been a great help!

sharmstr

hmmm. then try

COPY CODE

#activity-stream ul {
    }

or maybe even better would be

COPY CODE

div.activity {
    }

D3VINE
    Participant

ul#activity-stream {
    }

This worked PERFECTLY!! I know what happened, for whatever reason what i had the element display for an activity feed was (status) and i guess i have no such posts under status which is why the blue section was showing no matter what css code we used. As soon as i switched it to profile it worked and disappeared!

Thank You!

I do wish now to add the ability for friends profile posts and personal profile posts to be shown in the pintrest style grid i have right underneath the activity stream element. I will do some searching first before i make another post as i am sure others may have wanted to do something similar if not the same thing. Unless you don’t mind shooting me some code to do exactly that 😀

Thank you so much for your help once again.

sharmstr

Use the same activity stream shortcode and change Display to “friends” on one and “profile” on the other.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?