This topic has 36 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    Do you plan to add a geolocation function to allow search by proximity ? or a zip code, city search in the next update ?

This is a big issue, I’m building a french site using your theme and i’m realizing that the site won’t work without a way to search people around us or in the same city.

Meanwhile is there a way to integrate the GeoMyWp plugin in the search forms ?
    Here is the link to the wordpress page of this plugin
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/geo-my-wp/

JohnDoe
    Participant

Use the search button before posting this, it has been requested several times.
    And the Admin will include a solution for this in the next update or another.

Either way, they are working on it.

Regards
    John

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi JohnDoe,

I’ve used the search button using “geo”, “location” and “proximity” and it didn’t show any topic like my request.

Also I’m asking a question about a plugin and i’d like my favorite support team to answer if you don’t mind.

Anyway I’d love to know when (1 week, 1 month, etc.) will this location function will be updated ? it’s a big issue for my site.

JohnDoe
    Participant

Next update will be this month normally.

as for plugins, try this

http://wordpress.org/plugins/geo-my-wp/

sorry i’m not in your favorite support team, lol

airsidworld
    Participant

How could you be in my favorite support team, you just recommend me the plugin I asking about ! lol
    Anyway have you try this plugin ? there is a problem with the theme: just above the results the theme horizontal search form appear and results and the map are not shown. How to resolved it ?

No offense but i keep waiting for an “official” reply form the support team to be sure geo location will be part of the next update this month.

JohnDoe
    Participant

My mistake about showing you the same plugin 🙂

“sqadmin
    NOVEMBER 4, 2013 AT 10:45 #5816
    we have in mind to include something live this inspired from geomywp, but probably next month”

As i mentioned , use the search button.

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/nearby-plugin

airsidworld
    Participant

WTF! the search button doesn’t work, i’ve search with geo, geomywp, location, etc., etc. and it still not showing me this topic.
    Ok I’ve to be patient until december 🙁
    Until there you don’t know how to make geomywp work ?

JohnDoe
    Participant

Hmm , instead of creating a new form , edit the one from sweetdate , follow this guide.

http://geomywp.com/documentation/create-a-search-form/

I do not know if this will work, but you can try.

Good luck.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hello,

@airsidworld
    We have plans to include geo support and probably somewhere in December, January the latest.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks @JohnDoe for helping

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     airsidworld
    Participant

Ok thanks. The theme will be awesome with this function.

daniellemarie
    Participant

When will this feature be released?

Abe
    Keymaster

Right now we don’t have an estimated time for this

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

daniellemarie
    Participant

Do you have an estimates time frame for this now? 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We are talking with the developer of Geo-my-WP to make an integration with the plugin. It should take about a month or so.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

nickijc
    Participant

Hi, do you know when this will be ready now? It will really make the theme so much more useable.
    Thanks

mattermatt
    Participant

Was this in the latest update 2.5? It doesn’t appear to be in there, but maybe I’m missing it. If not, is there an ETA or instructions on how to integrate GeoMYWP that are written for non-programmers?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We will add it in mid April the latest

---

rudik2
    Participant

It’s great news. I hope that I will not extend again

adam
    Participant

hi – i’m confused. the geomywp author is saying sweetdate is now integrated with his plugin here:
    http://geomywp.com/blog/geo-my-wp-2-4/
    and settings here:
    http://geomywp.com/blog/geo-my-wp-2-4/sweet-date-settings/

but, when I install the latest version of geomywp (with the latest sweetdate version installed) i don’t see these sweetdate specific settings.

is it ready yet?

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been asking the same to the GeoMYWP team.
    Here is their answer:

“I see that you are using a child theme. I believe that this is the issue.”
    “I will need to get that fixed.
    For now you can fix it by modifying the code.
    you can open geo-my-wp.php and remove line 174 which should be
    if ( wp_get_theme() == ‘Sweetdate’ )
    This should make the tab visible at all times.”

Hope it will be helpfull to you 😉

adam
    Participant

ah thank you so much! yes, that shows the settings now and i can see the fields in my member directory page. have you got the radius search working for you? it doesn’t seem to be working right for me, but i think the issue is how i have members entering their address upon registration and i may need to investigate this further. if you can confirm it works as it’s supposed to for you i’d appreciate it.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi guys, we are still doing some tests with the integration to check searching members function. Our initial tests were positive but if you find any others please let us know

---

egabillat
    Participant

Hi Abe,
    is it better to wait until the next update of your theme or install GeoMyWP changing the geo-my-wp.php file as proposed by “airsidworld”?
    When is the next update of the theme?
    Thank you very much for your work on this theme!

rudik2
    Participant

When will be update with geo my wp plugin integration?

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, You can make that change. That change will be done in the GEO MY WP plugin, not the theme. In the next update, probably in May, we will included some changes too but we worked with GEO MY WP plugin developer and he included the changes for sweetdate in the plugin.
    The integration was done mainly in the plugin and it will remain that way

---

egabillat
    Participant

Ok, thank you Abe

rudik2
    Participant

Abe, Is the City autocomplete option will be needed to integtate with geo my wp??

adam
    Participant

I’m just confused how the location fields need to be setup on registration in order for the location proximity search to work. Right now, I just have City and State fields and I don’t think that’s enough.

egabillat
    Participant

Abe,
    I have installed GeoMy WP and work fine.
    I want to use the horizontal search form without GeoMy WP option in members page but I don’t find the GeoMy WP form field in SweetDate Buddypress tab… You have a solution ?

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    Since I’ve updated GeoMy WP plugin:
    – i have the map above members in members page working
    – auto complete doesn’t work anymore in city field of Sweetdate and niether in search form of GeoMy WP. Can you please help with this issue ?

Abe
    Keymaster

The options for Sweetdate are found in the GEO my WP Settings plugin not in Sweetdate theme and you can disable the integration from the members page

---

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been helping GEOMYWP by sending my child theme so he can adapt his plugin. The last update works just fine with your child theme now.
    GEOMYWP allows to add a map and adresses shown under members avatars in the member page (members have to fill in their location in their profil)

1) GEOMYWP allows to create a search form using profil fields, like your search form. The difference is that your search form is using a City field (with autocomplete) and GEOMYWP is using a geolocalization field (based on members localizations).
    Do you plan to murge the two configurations to keep only one ?
    Is the GEOMYWP search form working with the matching feature of Sweetdate ?

2) Also I still have the auto complete issue, which is not a GEOMYWP one, but an Sweetdate feature. It’s not working anymore for the City field in search form. Could you advice please ?

airsidworld
    Participant

In addition to my previous post, to inform other Sweetdate users and because there are now two support teams:
    with GEOMYWP plugin here are some issues that the plugin’s creator is now aware of and links to corresponding topics:
    – The Horizontal search form appears with the initial Sweetdate background => topic
    Answer i get: “You will need to contact the theme devs. I have a very minimal knowledge of the theme.”
    Do you guys have a solution please ?
    – The alphabetical filter is not working => topic
    – The friends page doesn’t filter friends from other members => topic

Abe
    Keymaster

We will test the integration and come back with a solution

---

britcunning
    Participant

I installed the newest version of the geomywp plugin just for fun. Did NOT work and corrupted formatting of almost all the HTML on my homepage. Just an FYI! When checking integration make sure to look at the accordions specifically (geomywp caused all of them to permanently expand), amongst other errors. I love sweetdate but so far geomywp integration has been a massive soup sandwich, haha 😉

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @britcunning
    What pages were messed up? We did some tests and haven’t noticed that

Thanks

---

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?