This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by ellos.

• Author
     ellos
    Participant

Hi, first of all – searching the forums is a good idea but when I provide ‘woo commerce logout’ I don’t see results at all. The same with other queries. I mean I wouldn’t mind searching the forums first, but have limited success. Even when I search FAQ for one word ‘logout’ I get 0 results.

Back to business.

The site I’m creating is WooCommerce shop. I would like for logged users to have the logout button (logout from woocommerce).
    I was trying to follow this tut: https://support.woothemes.com/hc/en-us/articles/203106357-Add-Login-Logout-Links-To-The-Custom-Primary-Menu-Area
    … and added the code specified there to functions.php in child theme. No result at all, nothing appeared in the main menu.

Please let me know how to fix it (login/logout buttons for WooCommerce) or if this has been discussed before you can point me in the right direstion on the forums.

Thanks.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

Regarding searching. There hasn’t been much discussion about wooCommerce here because this is not the support forum for wooCommerce. https://support.woothemes.com/hc/communities/public/topics

You dont need a specific woocommerce log out. The tutorial is for sites that don’t have plugins that add login/logout functionality in the menu settings.

You can use the kleo specific login / logout links if you’d like.

WP Admin – Appearance – Menus – Kleo: Add what you want.

If you dont see Kleo listed in the left column, click on screen options (top right) and enable it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ellos
    Participant

I see, well I need to figure out what the extent of support is – I definitely don’t want to bug you for what you dont’s provide. I just assumed you support some general woo-commerce issues, at least other guys on theme forest provide some degree of support (Like 3Clicks theme). So let me know if I go overboard with my requests 🙂

Elijah.

sharmstr

I dont think you’re overboard at all. But as I said, Kleo only stylizes the output of wooCommerce. I’m guessing you’re questions/issues with wooCommerce are going to get more in depth and beyond the basics the more you work with it. You’re going to want to head over to wooCommerce to get those answered. It will save you time and you’ll get better support over there. Does that make sense?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ellos
    Participant

I tried KLEO menu – it is a wordpress login/logout option. I’m looking for something different… Take a look below, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

1. I’ve added to Woo settings ‘Enable registration on the “My Account” page ‘
    2. This way I can make users register for WooCommerce (without actually purchasing products). This works ok, I know that WC doesn’tcome with a separate registration page, but this option can do the trick.
    3. Let’s say user registers and is logged in.
    4. I’m looking for the following:

a) How to log him out from his account (meaning to provide a menu to do that). I don’t need him to log out from WP, just from his WC account.
    b) If there is a way to dynamically display logout/login menu depending on his logged-in state, that would be nice.

P.S. I’ve created a couple of site with WC a while ago, so I don’t have recent experience. If I ask obvious question, I’m sorry abou it.

Thanks.
    Elijah.

ellos
    Participant

I see what you saying, well… the funny thing is, I’m almost done stting the site and WC so I need to figure out the basic stuff.
    I remeber trying Woo Support in general community forum and it was pathetic, honstly. So I guess I don;t see the grey line between where our support ends. How about that… if you feel that this is go putside of your support, just let me know that. I’m running my own business, I know exactly how clients can tear you apart with support requests, you make an extra step to make them happy, but they don’t take it as a favor and rather start demanding more and more. I know where you coming from. So if you can’t quickly help or provide the pinters, please FEEL FREE to let me know to resolve it through WC support.

Thanks
    Elijah.

sharmstr

Wait a minute. Woocommerce and WP keep accounts separate? I thought all logging in and logging out is handled by WP. Woo merely adds specific account fields they use to the WP account. Go to WP Admin – Users. You’ll see their billing and shipping address in there.

If I go to WP Admin and change my email address there, it shows the new email address when I visit the woo My Account page.

ellos
    Participant

Sorry, didn’t explain myself properly, here you go.
    I need to center everything around My Account page (so to speak)
    I’ve enabled ‘Allow regostration on my Account page in WC settings, so when you go to my account page you see 2 sections:
    – LOGIN and below REGISTER.

If I use KLEO menu to Login/Logout it does the following:
    a) When you click on Logout it takes you to WP login screen, it basically takes you away from the site. If there is a way to easyly redirect it to the home page when they logout, it could be great. If it is cannot be done easily with KLEO tools, let me know – I’ll take it to WC support.

b) When you click on Login provided by Kleo menue – it take syou to WP login. Can it be taken to My Account page instead? (Where users can log in).
    Again – if there is a coding involved, let me know – I’ll take it to WC guys.

P.S> I’m absolutely amazed by the support, honestly – best so far, I would rate it 6 stars, but you have only 5 in ratings. I’m greaful for the speed an quality, so really – just let me know if this cannot be done with Kleo tools, and I will take it somewhere.

sharmstr

kleo uses the standard WP logout procedure. I havent tested this, but a google search of redirect to homepage after logout came up with this: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-logout-page-redirect-to-homepage It looks legit.

Kleo login should pop up a login box, not direct you to wp-login.php. If you want it to send you to my account page to login, then you can add the My Account page to the menu instead.

Does that help? Are we closer to what you need? LOL 🙂

ellos
    Participant

Looks like what I need, will test it later. Thanks a lot!

ellos
    Participant

Ok, here is the result.

1. Redirection to the home page after the logout works great, thatnks for the tip.
    2. A tiny ‘problem’ with Login – you mention it was possible to specify the Login link to go to ‘My account’ page. If I add the current Login from KLEO menu, there is no place to add a link.
    If I just create a new custom Login menu item and point it to the My Account page then it becomes ‘static’ – it doesn’t desappear dynamically, when user logs in the menu still shows Login.

So here comes the question – is it possible to use native Kleo Login and redirect it to the My Account page?

If it is not doable, then it’s fine, my main issue was actually the logout procedure, and it is resolved.

Thanks a lot.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

2 – I didnt say it was possible to specify a link for the Kleo login. What I said was “then you can add the My Account page“, meaning Menu – Pages – select My Account, which is basically the same as Menu – Link – enter the link to my account page.

I can understand why you’d want it to disappear if you called it ‘login’. But why not call it My Account. Then it makes sense for both logged in and logged out users. You’ll still want to give the user a menu option to take the to “My Account”, right?

But it you really want to make it disappear: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/kleo-login-redirect

sharmstr

Wait – My link was to redirect after kleo login, not make kleo login go to another page to present a login form. Please hold.

sharmstr

Plugin time: https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/

Create a menu item called login and point it to My Account. Put ! is_user_logged_in() in the visibility field.

ellos
    Participant

I see, thanks a lot.
    Honestly, unbelievable support.

let me know if you need anything from me – I can put a quick review in Items Comments on Theme Forest stating that everyting is great, or somewhere else if you give me te link.

Thanks.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

Hmmm. Do you know how to true a 40 spoke motorcycle wheel? That’s what I’m stuck on this morning?

If not, then go ahead and leave a glowing review for the Seventh Queen team. I dont actually work here, but they certainly deserve it.

ellos
    Participant

Wow, not an easy task 🙂

Ok, will leave it there…

Thanks
    Elijah.

sharmstr

Tell me about it. But at least it looks good

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ellos
    Participant

Just left it, with special refeence to you.

Purchased the theme recently. Unbelievably quick quality support that goes way beyond my expectations. Truly thankful. Great design of the theme and quality. Rated as 5 stars.
    I have tons of experience with Themeforest item support and I can say honestly- you are the best I’ve seen so far.

Special thanks to Sharmstr from support team.

Thanks
    Elijah

ellos
    Participant

Buy the way – I need a modifications to WP code once in a while for my clients. If you work as a freelancer and somehow interestd in it – you cand send me your contact info to team@skylark-studio.com

Thanks
    Elijah.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?