This topic has 53 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     Andrew39
    Participant

Hey everyone, thank you for first of all for taking the time to browse my topic. I am having just a few issues in which I need help on. I’ve made it simple and organized for you all to help on. I’ve attached jpegs. labeled (A) (B) (C) all of which I have issues on and question thereof in this topic in order with the labeled jpegs. So here we go…

A) This is my registration form. I’ve attempted many times to change the box different colors in styling options section of sweet date, however it causes issues with other elements of the styling. I also now cannot view what is typed into the register box in the “username” “email address” and “password & confirm” It seems the font is in white but I cannot locate this as i said in the styling options.

B) ok, huh on this image, you are seeing a member’s page. the elements on this are very cluttered. First of all I’m wanting to eliminate the “Forum tab”. Where in the sweetdate settings can i eliminate forums and somehow declutter the tabs shown on this page? Its showing albums twice. Also how can I make the album pictures, profile pictures, in well. all pictures larger to view. This picture in the album tab is quite small.

C) ok, this page is my “reasons to join” each bubble photo is a pop up picture when viewed as a slide show. I want all three bubble images not to be popup slideshow photos but a link to other url pages on my site. I tried to link these as text links on the “page” in wordpress but it didn’t work. I want three bubble images linking to each page its directed to.

Ok last but not least, some “other issues” I am having to deal with and need help on:

1. I have a “join for free” link button on my home page. When i made a register page, its a different page. So i have two pages, each showing a register page form wordpress and i think from sweetdate. The wordpress page is showing the register box but also below it is a comment on reply box. The other shows only register box but doesn’t link from the button on my homepage.

That’s it for na, I hope! lol. hope you all can help and enjoy ok? all of you enjoy this wonderful dating theme…thanks guys!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, please share admin credentials and a website link then we can start with your questions 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi. Thanks moderator. What is my admin
    cred?.
    http://Www.myasianfilipinabride.com

Laura

Hello, its wp-admin username and password 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Andrew39
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, these codes are CSS codes, put them in quick css or style.css of child theme
    for A this code makes the form quite transparent, but it can help you to change the color of each part of the form, just changing the colors:

COPY CODE

.revslider-head.absolute-head .form-wrapper {
    margin-top: 138px;
    margin-left: 70%;
    width: 110%;
    }
    .form-header {
    border-left: 10px solid rgba(42, 42, 42, 0.23);
    border-top: 10px solid rgba(42, 42, 42, 0.23);
    border-right: 10px solid rgba(42, 42, 42, 0.23);
    }
    .form-search, .form-header, div.alert-box, div.pagination span.current {
    background: rgba(32, 32, 32, 0.67);
    }
    .form-search {
    }
    .form-footer {
    color: #FDFAFA;
    padding: 20px 20px 10px;
    border-bottom: 10px solid rgba(42, 42, 42, 0.23);
    background: rgba(32, 32, 32, 0.67);
    }
    .form-search .notch {
    border-top: none;
    }
    .form-search.custom input[type="text"], .form-search.custom input[type="password"] {
    border: 1px solid rgba(61, 61, 61, 0.13);
    }
    .form-search.custom div.custom.dropdown a.current, .form-search.custom input[type="text"], .form-search.custom input[type="password"], .form-search.custom select {
    background-color: #F9FBFC;
    color: black;
    }
    .form-search.custom div.custom.dropdown a.selector, .form-search.custom div.custom.dropdown a.current, .form-search.custom select {
    border: 1px solid rgba(61, 61, 61, 0.13);
    }
    .form-search.custom div.custom.dropdown a.selector:after {
    content: "";
    display: block;
    width: 0;
    height: 0;
    border: solid 5px;
    border-color: #060606 transparent transparent transparent;
    position: absolute;
    left: 50%;
    top: 50%;
    margin-top: -2px;
    margin-left: -5px;
    }
    .form-search.custom input[type="text"], .form-search.custom input[type="password"] {
      border: 1px solid #ff2861;
    }

B To delete the foru just deactivate bbpress, or you just want to delete it from profile?
    The album only shows twice in media tab because you can go directly to albums or go to media > albums.

For Bigger profile avatar

COPY CODE

#profile #item-header-avatar .avatar {
      border: 6px solid;
      width: 140%;
      max-width: 150%;
    }

For Bigger album picture thumbnail

COPY CODE

.rtmedia-container ul.rtmedia-list li.rtmedia-list-item div.rtmedia-item-thumbnail img {
      max-width: 700px;
      max-height: 700px;
      width: 300px;
    }

Let me know more images so i can make a code for them.

For C we will focus on that after the other issues has been solved 🙂

1 in order to register, you need to use buddypress registration page ( default is yourwebsite.com/register )

Andrew39
    Participant

A. Thanks for the Style css Code. I just changed the overall layout colors to match. So this is solved.

B. I decided not to delete forums But on the contrary added a forum page and a blog page. At first I thought having a forum and blog wasn’t necessary or useful but I had a a sluth Of ideas for these pages And added them. so this one is sloved.

C. To be continued.

1. I solved this one. It’s seems this page was under the wordpress default.

However I am now having a issue with all registration boxes on my pages and home page. WHen I go to type in the fields ie: city, country, username, etc. It’s not showing. It’s being typed in but I believe the font maybe in white? Also when the box is clicked on to type in these fields a purple highlighted perimeter is visible. I looked in the sweetdate but cant find where I can change the text font..

Thanks so much.

Andrew39
    Participant

1.How can make a female members page, of all female members and also for males?

2. Im having a problem with search fields. I have a register box and a search box, set as mixed under homepage settings/search form. On my “our members” page i have a simple search box like this:
    <search here>> (i am a male/female) (city)(country) (looking for).
    A. How do i change these fields? i want to change it to for example ” i am a (male/female) (city) (country) “only certain countries i want picked not all” and (looking for a) “how do i change it from “looking for a” to ” looking for” or “seeking” etc?

B. all of my register boxes and search boxes are not showing my typing. I’m thinking my font is white? there’s also a purplish perimeter box when i click into the box to type in my field, ie: gender, city country. and on the create an account box: username, email address, and password. this is where i cannot see what i type into the box.

C. When i added the “revolution slider” to my main front home page, it is pushing the words down further over another layout on mobile view. how do i fix this?

thanks Laura so much for your help, you’ve helped me out greatly! 😉

Laura

Hello, i will check out each of your questions and will answer you soon point by point 🙂 Thanks for your patience

Laura

Hello, for a page to show all female members, just search for all females, having i am a male looking for female, and it will show all females, then copy the url and use that url in a button 🙂

If you need for help with this point, let me know.

To edit those field names, go to Users > Profile fields, and you will find there all fields 🙂

Use this css code to show black color when typing ( add it to style.css of child theme)

COPY CODE

input[type="text"], .form-search.custom input[type="password"] {
      color: black !important;
    }

For the last point, could you share a screenshot? 🙂

Andrew39
    Participant

Laura. Thank you so much your help is very much appreciated! For the last part on C. Attached are the screen shots of my site on mobile.

A. I’m having trouble with the slider it’s pushing the text down over onto another layer?
    B. The menu is in black. And when I click on a category it goes pink. I’m sure I can change this in layout or style but I like the way it is on full desktop view but in mobile it’s hidious. Lol.

Attachments:
     Andrew39
    Participant

Oh, and where can i find the css script on wordpress to change the codes you have given me?

thanks 🙂

Andrew39
    Participant

Oh my, srry. One more issue I’m having and i dont know how to fix it. I try to add media to a page. The page url is the same as the url I’m viewing when i open in another window, however when i go to update it with new content ie: media or shortcodes, and its updated, nothing is updated to the page. here is my page i am trying to change or update with shortcodes and adding media.

http://myasianfilipinabride.com/members/

I decided to “untitle” this page because i didn’t want to see the word Member on the page at the top.

Anyway, thanks so much for your help, im sorry i’ve had alot of issues and you’ve helped me a lot, if i have more issues please bare with me..lol

thanks Laura 😉

Laura

Hello, i will check out each point and let you know 🙂
    For css go to your ftp and in themes/sweetdate-child/style.css add those codes there, or in wordpress admin in Sweetdate > Styling options > Quick css

Pages generated dynamically are difficult to add content to, for example, in members page, if you have it selected as a buddypress page, the content will be created dynamically, so you cannot add stuff to the page itself. However you can edit the members page template in the php files of the theme

Laura

For the slider, maybe it would be better to hide it on mobile? Usually this is a good option

Andrew39
    Participant

Thank you so much Laura for helping me adjust this theme to my liking. I very much much appreciate your help. I am new to wp and theme installations with configurement. You’ve been very friendly and helpful.
    I will say, I may need your help further, here’s what you helped me on and solved…

1. Forum. I decided to add the forum and customize it to my dating theme.
    2. The style css. codes you posted, I managed to insert into wp/admin sweetdate theme (child) mainly for larger profile and album pictures. I haven’t inserted any other codes yet.
    3. I disabled the slider on wp “homepage” looks fine on the mobile side and on desktop view.

Unsolved problems I am having trouble with:

A. Search box. On the “homepage” and i guess u call it a form field? I attempt to type in gender & country and i cannot see what is typed in, when i move the mouse away from the input field? I then can see what i typed.

B. On the front homepage as you scroll down, i deleted a code. It was i believe a kleo script for showing members active/popular. When i did this, the other words that were aligned center were placed to the left. I tried to center all the words but nothing helped. You can go to http://myasianfilipinabride.com/
    and scroll down, you’ll see it.

Laura

Hello 🙂 i am glad that i can help you, if you feel happy with the support, please leave a nice comment and/or a 5 star rating at themeforest 😀

So i solved A. and B. with the following css and wrapping your homepage content in a custom div class then added css to it, also solved an issue you had on member carousel

COPY CODE

input[type="text"] {
    }
    .form-wrapper .carousel-profiles li {
      width: 94px !important;
      height: 94px !important;
    }
    a.current {
    }
    .movecenter {
      margin-left: 100px;
    }
    .movecenter a {
      margin-left: 100px;
    }
    .movecenter i {
      margin-left: 70px;
    }
    .movecenter h1 {
      margin-left: 170px;
    }

Andrew39
    Participant

Thanks laura alot. 🙂 😉 I know little on css. So I insert all this into the wp sweetdate child theme on the css style shet? Cool. Thanks so much .

Andrew39
    Participant

hi Laura thanks for the code, the script for centering all my headers and content worked except at the header “Finally a free asian dating site” it is still centered to the left.

The css style script for altering how someone sees what is typed in to the search field worked, thanks :)but also doesnt work on “create an Account” and on the signup field when you click “signup” on the front page. Most of the fields works as you type in stuff but when you type in the “password” and “confirm” fields, these I also can’t see.

Is there a way to add on this site’s member page, pictures of members, like for example a gallery but each image can be clicked on and it takes a member or viewer to that person’s profile? I kinda want a gallery that does this. is this possible? not a slider gallery but a regular gallery with all females or males pictures and the page scrolls down with more nice pictures of members..

thank you 🙂 i gave you a good review..

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi Laura, after we solve the post above, I’d like to mention there is something wrong on the mobile site, everything is shifted to the left. I attached images to this post to let you see it or you can view the site on your mobile, thanks.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, will need a bit more time to check out everything, lets start with the first, for the text in password and confirm use in style.css of child theme or quick css in theme settings:

COPY CODE

}

Right now i do not know any plugin that can do a member photo gallery, but you can use member page or maybe do it manually, place photos on a page and add a link to them that links to the user profile.

For mobile please try the following coe

COPY CODE

@media only screen and (max-width: 940px) {
    .movecenter {
      margin-left: 0px;
    }
    .movecenter a {
    }
    .movecenter i {
    }
    .movecenter h1 {
    }
    }

To center the title use

COPY CODE

h1 {
      font: normal 46px 'ABeeZee';
      color: #222222;
      text-align: center;
    }

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi Laura, thank you again.

1.CSS Style Code for the adjustment to center layout on mobile didn’t work.

2. CSS Style code for centering H1 text on front page worked! thanks! ( needing alignment for buttons and h1 text on bottom of front page.)

3. CSS Style for the register box didn’t work. I have in this post an attachment showing the register box and sign up page. On the sign up page, password & confirm works. On the Register it doesn’t

A. I cant seem to find the register edit page on wp. I need to edit the words i missed spelled silly me.
    B. Does Sweetdate child theme have some type of app for google play and apple?
    C. Any good plugins available for chat & webcam on this theme?

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello,
    1. Please try with

COPY CODE

.movecenter {
      margin-left: 0px !important;
    }
    .movecenter a {
    }
    .movecenter i {
    }
    .movecenter h1 {
    }
    }

3. Try with:

COPY CODE

input[type="password"] {
    }

A. To edit the text in a mixed form you need to find the register modal in page-parts of your ftp file and copy it to child theme following the same path, so it looks like sweetdate-child/page-parts/home-register-form.php (i think thats the name 🙂

B. Any service to create native apps of wordpress can work with sweetdate, andromo is free ( use website url as an activity and the app will show your mobile site in the app ).

C. Cometchat or Arrowchat may work

Andrew39
    Participant

Laura. Thanks so much!

(1) & (3) are both solved thanks to you! thank you very much! 🙂 All register & signup boxes are showing the password when i type it in…Thanks! 🙂
    (2) On mobile, alignment layout is back to normal! thanks! 🙂

A. Yes, the mixed register form for front page and signup, i’d like to edit. I am unsure on how to search for the register modal in page parts and the ftp file you speak of, could you send me screen shot steps?

B. Cool. not sure i understand what you meant by using as an activity, url..is http://www.myasianfilipinabride.com/ correct?

c. thanks! i will check out these plugins! 🙂

*thanks Laura for helping me..I’ve made such a mess trying to configure this theme, this is my first dating site. ;0)

One last issue I’m struggling with is when I alter the text in “visual” and space out the text and code??
    it seems to change alignment. The text on front page “home” looks mostly centered on desktop view but on mobile, the buttons are stacked on top of one another, h1 text “finally a free Asian dating site” is centered but the text isn’t aligned?? just wondering what i am doing wrong? Everything is centered on the mobile “text”. I am noticing a shift though on the text being off alignment, not sure if that’s what you call it. lol. I’ve attached screenshots of it on mobile to show u of it.

Thats it! for na!
    Thanks Laura for all your help!

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, for:
    A. Please follow the steps below:
    1- Go to your ftp file manager or filezilla
    2- Go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate/page-parts
    3- Copy the file home-register-form.php
    4- Go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/
    5- Create the folder page-parts
    6- Paste the file home-register-form.php inside the new folder page-parts in child theme.
    7- Edit the file, find the text and change it, then save.

B. Check out this:
    http://mobapper.com/index.php

https://apppresser.com/

http://www.mobiloud.com/

There are a lot more, just google “native app for wordpress”

If you prefer to use andromo.com (free but branded)
    When you create the project, each section of the app is called “Activity” to use the app with your wordpress blog, add a Website type Activity to the APP and place your website URL, name the Activity as maybe “Home”
    So when users download the app, and click the button Home, it will load your website inside the app, and as user will be using mobile, then it will show the mobile style website. Like this it seems like the app is a native version of your website.

For the last issue, if you want to change the text, betterchange in text mode and not visual, because sometimes it mess with the alignment of the text

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi Laura! thanks for the info. I tried to locate my FTP, i suppose its in my hosting? hostgator?
    Everything looks good, I do have a small prob with alignment on a page in mobile view. Its a profile page, just as before all content and layout is not centered but is all to the right. attached jpegs for you to see.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, please try with:

COPY CODE

#profile #item-header-avatar .avatar {
      border: 2px solid;
      width: 100% !important;
      max-width: 150%;
    }
    }

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi Laura. Thanks the css script worked. I have yet another problem, I followed the steps you posted on above to change the words in the register and search field..

A.
    1- Go to your ftp file manager or filezilla ( I went to ftp file manager on hostgator)
    2- Go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate/page-parts
    3- Copy the file home-register-form.php ( when i attempted to copy, i actually moved the file, so i had to replace the file back into sweetdate from sweetdate-child)
    4- Go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/
    5- Create the folder page-parts ( I created the folder in sweetdate-child)
    6- Paste the file home-register-form.php inside the new folder page-parts in child theme. ( I pasted the file into the folder.)
    7- Edit the file, find the text and change it, then save. ( I edited the words on the form, saved it, and closed. When i attempted to refresh on mobile, the was an error. please refer to jpeg attached to this post to see what it says.

B. WHat would you suggest to omit the comment section of a page when you first create it. I created a new page with the gallery images i spoke to you about a while back and i noticed at the bottom of the page, a comment section. I want to omit or delete this if i can for this page only.

C. I want to change the countries on the gender side of women, so that when men search, they have only certain countries to choose from. HOw do i change or omit countries?

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello for the form, let me know the text you want and i will send you the file changed.
    Could you link me to the page for the comment issue? Do you want to disable comments in all portfolios?
    For C, go to Users > Profile Fields, find country field and edit it, then delete what you want 🙂

Andrew39
    Participant

Hey Laura,

Here is what i want read in the register form (white font) on the front page before someone signs up:

“Free Registration. Sign up to meet your Asian date or
    meet men from all over the world!”

Here is the link to the page, called “gallery” which will later replace the current gallery category on menu. I want picture gallery for members or nonmembers to scroll down the page and view large, medium, small pictures of each member signed up. When the viewer clicks on the image, it takes them to the profile page of that member. Not sure how the url changed, showing “full-width”, i kinda don’t want it showing that.

http://myasianfilipinabride.com/full-width/gallery/

C. thanks! with your help, I changed it!

* I’m needing a robot CAPTCHA. my dating site continues to get requested signups with same email addresses and profiles all same from one person or bot. Any ideas on how i can prevent or use a CAPTCHA form?

Laura

Hello, upload this to page-parts in child theme (create the folder if you didnt and change .txt for .php)
    The gallery of members its not a feature of the theme, or buddypress, you will need to hire a developer to create that function for you.

For captcha try https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-nocaptcha-register-box/
    If it doesnt help, try ithemes security ( paid plugin, but works 100% )

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi Laura.

Not sure i understand the steps you posted on changing the text on registration box. This is what did..
    logged into my cpanel hostgator acct/ clicked on “file manager”/ clicked on “webroot public_html”/ ” wp-content”/ clicked on “themes”/ clicked on “sweetdate”/ clicked on ” page-parts”/ found file: home-register-form-php/ made nee folder in sweetdate child/ inserted copied “home-register-form-php” into folder/ saved/ closed and later got the error on website. (i’d like to have the text in white)

I did all the steps you mentioned in previous post, something i’m not doing right. hope this helped.

Do i need a PHP developer or a web developer to make my gallery? What is this function called and is it created in PHP or HTML5? Wondering, because i may look on fiverr.

As a signed in member, i did a test to message another member, public message worked well, but private message, when i clicked on the link tab, it directed me to a page that said activity on the title. Totally unsure how this happened, i can send you a jpeg. if you request so.

Laura

Hello, can you share ftp so i can check it out? 🙂
    Yes please send a screenshot 🙂
    For the developer, its php

Andrew39
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, i have fixed your register and activity issue, you didnt have setup the pages in Settings > Buddypress > Pages
    For the developer, he needs to filter photos of rtmedia by members id and link them to their profile, and any other feature that you want to ask him.

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi Laura, thanks. I didn’t test the activity issue yet but the register form is changed, thanks alot 😉
    I didn’t know how to alter the settings in “Page settings” because I don’t understand what i am seeing, lol.

Developing idea:

Thank you for the Developing information, I’d like to have a nice gallery page or two, one males, the other female showing a nice big picture of the member, this image is clickable to the member’s profile page.
    As what you mentioned in last post, this is what I will mention to the developer. I would also like to have some kind of “wish list” for members ( a page or a button on their profile linking products from my woocommerce page “shop” showing items of wishing to have). Its just an idea, not sure if its available on woocommerce, that way members can display to other members what they want or “wish for” ,from my emcom woocommerce shop and a member would click on the wish item and send as a gift to that member.

Anyways, thanks so much for helping me fix problems i created, lol. i’m done for now, until i mess something up! “) talk to you later, chow.

Laura

Hello, for the public wishlist, i dont know if its possible to do that, because the member would know the others address, maybe you could offer gifs for others, like adidng a field in woocommerce product with ” Name of the User” and then make the order to the address of the desired user, so the one that gives it doesnt know their address

Andrew39
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, this is how forums works:

Forum ( China ) – Then create a Topic and change parent for China, now this post will be in China forum, if you want to add forum inside forums, use categories, for example:

Country ( Forum made Category ) > China ( Forum ) > The Topic

For each change you do ( change parents ) go to Tools > Forum and check all the count options

Andrew39
    Participant

Hi Laura, the Forum are all working good. thank you very much. I’m pretty much quite content now on this website and how we configured its theme and style. Thanks I couldn’t have done this without you!

I have one minor issue with users, ie members. I noticed only 6 members showing profiles on the gallery, however i have 8 subscribers in the users/site-role. All of the members excluding myself are subscribers. But I only see 6 members on my gallery page on website.

I’m also wondering why users aren’t adding profile pictures, all members have no profile pictures, is there a way to make a main profile picture mandatory?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?