This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     TCIB
    Participant

Hi there,

I am wishing to add a Soundcloud link amongst the social media links in the Top Bar of the site. Apparently I could do so with a hook.

Would anyone be able to explain how to do this for me please.

Thanking you

sharmstr

Not sure what hook you are referring to.

First you’d need to add the soundcloud icon to the fontello font set: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#vector-icons Keep in mind that this is not upgrade safe and you will have to do this after every upgrade for now.

Then you can copy the kleo_get_social_profiles function into your child theme and add the soundcloud link manually.

Edit: Moved the function to an attached text file.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     TCIB
    Participant

Thank you very much sharmstr for the swift reply.

I don’t know about the “hook”, I was advised in ThemeForest by Support of the following:

“you can update extra social items using a hook, my colleagues from the support forum can help you with this if you open a topic on this subject.”

I’ve already added the icon for elsewhere in the site.

More pressingly, I added your code to the functions.php of the Child Theme and now cannot access the site.

sharmstr

Ah! Maybe they were talking about this: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/adding-instagram-icon-to-header#post-46353 Just tweak to display soundcloud instead.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

TCIB
    Participant

That seems to be the case. Cannot seem to get it to work though. Have definitely imported the Soundcloud icon correctly as am using it successfully elsewhere on the site.

Do you think I have to expand upon: (‘kleo_extra_social_icons’, ‘header_extra_social_icons’);

Appreciating your guidance.

sharmstr

You should ask on that thread so you can get a response from one of the developers.

sharmstr

Hold on, that’s for sweetdate, not kleo. Let me take another look around.

sharmstr

I dont see a filter in the code for Kleo. So you should try my first suggestion again. I’ve tested it and it works. Make sure when you paste it into your functions file that the single quotes dont change to fancy quotes.

sharmstr

Sorry for all of the replies but I think I have it sorted now. See attached.

Obviously change all the instagram references to soundcloud.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     TCIB
    Participant

Boom!

That absolutely worked. Thank you ever so much for your kind assistance and layman’s term of explaining.

Hope you have a great day.

sharmstr

No problem. Sorry for taking so long to figure it out. LOL.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?