This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: 

airsidworld
    Participant

Hello,
    Is there a way to add notification bubble to a custom menu in which i’ve placed buddypress items ?
    I’ve found this KLEO topic but link to patches have been removed.

Thanks

rogeriovaz
    Participant

I need this information as well.

Andrei

If you refer to “notification bubble” as how the “Careers” menu item from the top of this site has, then you can do this directly from your Menu Manager, the bubble itself is made of an “em” tag, added to the title of a menu item, example:

COPY CODE

Careers <em>2</em>

If you are referring to something else then please be more explicit.

Let me know which was the case and if I can help you with anything else.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     airsidworld
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks Andrei that is a good tip ti kno<.
    But i am referring to the bubble that shows up in buddypress notification menu when the user receive a message for example.
    Any idea ?

Andrei

Hi,

Give me an example of what your custom menu would be named and what would you like to count in the notification bubble.
    I will probably get back to you tomorrow.

Looking forward.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    The menu will be named “Notification”, it is the basic buddypress menu that is proposed in admin area => menus => buddypress.
    The count in the notification bubble have to show all notifications received by the user: message, friend request, etc….

Andrei

If you would like that menu to appear in the main menu, then simply follow the following guides from this thread: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/enabling-live-notifications

If you want that menu to be placed in another position, like for example a custom menu widget in sidebar, something custom has to be made around.

Let me know and I’ll check it out tomorrow.

airsidworld
    Participant

I just read the topic.
    It is a KLEO topic.
    In SWEETDATE THEME i don’t find the following mentioned option that seems to be in KLEO:

“Kleo – Live Notifications
    You can add the Live BuddyPress notification item to the menu from Appearance – Menus – KLEO section. To have this option available you must have BuddyPress installed and Buddypress Notifications module active(from Settings – BuddyPress)”

Am I right ?

airsidworld
    Participant

And yes it is for the main menu 😉

Andrei

Oh sorry, my bad, yes, that option doesn’t exist under sweetdate.
    Let me see if can come up with something tomorrow.

Keep in touch.

airsidworld
    Participant

Ok thanks a lot, see u tomorrow 😉

Andrei

Hello,

Unfortunately there isn’t a quick way to port this feature into SweetDate theme.
    We will consider in bringing this feature in one of our future updates.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

airsidworld
    Participant

….okay.

So can you help with this request: Is there a way to add buddypress submenu to the profile menu (user login) ?
    For example I have an event plugin and there is an event submenu shown in admin area => menus => buddypress.How to add it to the profile theme button please ?

Andrei

You can add a link to your profile with ##profile_link## placeholder in the URL input from Links section in the Menus page.
    This link will work fine just for logged in users, and it will link to their own profile, so please take care to restrict your menu accordingly.

Example: ##profile_link##/events

Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?