This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by davellan.

• Author
     davellan
    Participant

So this has something to do with a previous post I made.

Basically, I am using vimeo video posts (generated by another plugin by that same name from Codeflavors) that have videos and featured images. I was able to edit the post-content-small.php to treat the video post just like an image post and thus create the thumbnail. Attached is an image of how it looks using all the different posts I can use.

Now I am trying to show a post listing on another page as part of news section with mixed content (not just a blog), and running into the same problem where the featured images are not showing up as a thumbnail for a post.

The only element on Visual Composer that produces the thumbnail properly is the Post Masonry Grid. Unfortunately, that is not the one I want to use.

Is there a way I can fix this? What php files would have the code that generate the listings used by the News Focus and Kleo Carousel elements?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

plugins/k-elements/shortcodes/templates

You should setup local copies of the files and use your IDE to search the files for what you need. I do it all day long to answer questions. If I need to know where something is, I inspect it in my browser debugger window to get a div ID or class name to search for.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

davellan
    Participant

That was very helpful, thank you for the suggestion.

Question: which post listings are supposed to show featured image thumbnails? I realize I maybe racking my head over these elements when in fact they don’t have that functionality built in.

davellan
    Participant

I am not a great programmer, and very unfamiliar with Kleo’s framework.

I see there is a lot of references to media, media_width, media_height, etc. So I am guessing Kleo defaults to using some media object instead of using the featured image, which is all over the website.

As I don’t know how to use the media object (and don’t believe it has ever worked for me), I want to change this behavior so that instead of looking for media, it looks for the featured image. I believe the key to making this work is at the end of the theme-functions.php file. If someone can help me with this that would be great.

sharmstr

Its calling a function called kleo_get_post_media located in /k-elements/functions/helpers.php. That function should look very familiar to you since its basically the same code that you had to comment out before. So copy that function into your child theme’s functions.php file and comment out all the switch cases except for image and default like you did before.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

davellan
    Participant

Ok, got that and now I am able to make it work with some of the post listings, such as news focus.

I am not sure though. Does the post carousel have featured images? In blog settings, do masonry or standard have featured images?

I feel a better solution to my problem maybe to manipulate the “media” object so that I can make it take featured image, as most of the elements by default try to access that.

How would I go about doing that?

sharmstr

Regardless of how its displayed (carousel, masonry, standard) the media displayed will be dependent upon the post format type. Since you are using video type formats, kleo will default to displaying a video, not a featured image. You override that by removing the switch cases.

davellan
    Participant

Ok, so it have never displayed a video before (even before I started switching things around), and it is still not showing pictures for blog settings masonry and standard (but does for left side thumb). So I am not sure what is supposed to be displayed, which is why I am asking. And as most of the elements look for media, it would make sense to me to edit that object rather than edit all of these other functions which call on it.

sharmstr

Again, it doesnt work that way. It never displayed it because you have it set to video. Kleo uses a custom field where you supply the video. As far as I know, you’ve only changed the code in post-content-small.php, but not in post-content-masonry.php or post-content-carousel.php, right?

davellan
    Participant

But I have set the video setting in the theme general settings in the media section of post and still nothing shows. One of the reasons I decided to do it myself.

No I didn’t edit this files, but that is my point. Rather than have to edit 5 or so files, would make more sense to me to edit the root of the problem (media not being detected). But if that is not possible, I guess I have to hunt down each file.

davellan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Okay, going back to the first time we discussed this, its probably a conflict with the video plugin you are using. So, as with the other solution, you’re going to have to edit the files. They are in the same location /kleo/page-parts/

davellan
    Participant

Ok, while I’m not fully satisfied with this solution, it does work. Thank you for your quick support. +1 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?