This topic has 24 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by jliglesias.

• Author

Tagged: , , ,

Patagonia
    Participant

Hi there,

I just updated KLEO to the latest version (from, I think 2.1.1 to 2.2). Since then my page tags don’t seem to be working anymore. Sorry, no live site, but here is all info:

– My site contains hundreds of pages and very few blog posts, therefore I needed tags for pages
    – I use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-tags-and-categories-for-pages/

It worked before, but not anymore since updating KLEO (I updated no other plugins):
    – When clicking on a post tag it works as expected: a page with the list of posts
    – when clicking on a page tag, I get a page of which the content area simply says “It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.”, with a simple search box below. The rest of the page loads normally.

I tried changing the tags slug, resaving the permalinks, emptying all caches etc etc but to no avail.

I noticed a support thread on the plugin’s forum where was asked if the theme uses “pre_get_posts”filter, which might interfere. Is this so and has this been changed recently and is there a workaround? The tags for pages is extremely useful for all CMS applications.

Thanks

sharmstr

You should be at 2.3 for both Kleo and k-elements. Tags were introduced for Portfolio items, but not sure how that would effect pages. I’ll install that plugin and see if I have the same issue.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Patagonia
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this. Yes, it’s 2.3 now, so not sure if the problem was introduced with 2.2 or 2.3.

sharmstr

Oh and to answer your question about pre_get_posts. I thinks its only used to display featured posts. Always has been.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Hmmm. I just installed it and it worked for categories, but not tags. So then I disabled Kleo and enabled the wordpress 2014 theme. Tags didnt work for 2014 theme either. Then I disabled K-elements and it still didnt work. So I think we’ve ruled out Kleo as the culprit. Maybe?

Wordpress 4.0.1 was released last week. Maybe that caused it.

sharmstr

Sorry. I looked at the wrong date. 4.0.1 was released 3 weeks ago.

sharmstr

I have a site still in beta that’s running kleo 2.2. I’ll test it there and report back.

sharmstr

I think you’re right. Its a kleo issue. It worked on my 2.2 site until I updated kleo to 2.3. The site was already running k-elements 2.3. Site even works with other themes enabled.

@abe
    – help. 🙂

sharmstr

I figured it out. As I said, they added tags to portfolios starting with 2.3. In that add, they have a new function that filters the queries and are only specifying posts, portfolios and products. You’ll have edit core code to fix this, but I’m sure @abe will come up with another fix for the next update (sorry if I’m putting you on the spot abe)

Anyhow, open up /kleo/lib/post-types.php. All the way at the bottom you’ll see kleo_archive_add_custom_types. On the line that has ‘post’, ‘portfolio’, ‘product’ add ,’page’ at the end so it looks like this

COPY CODE

function kleo_archive_add_custom_types( $query ) {
        if(is_tag() && empty( $query->query_vars['suppress_filters'] ) ) {
            $query->set( 'post_type', array(
                'post', 'portfolio', 'product','page'
            ));
            return $query;
        }
    }
    add_filter( 'pre_get_posts', 'kleo_archive_add_custom_types' );

That should fix it. Let me know.

Patagonia
    Participant

Thank you very much, Sharmstr, that fixed it for now. Please make a reminder/trac or something for Abe. so I don’t have to change it after every update 🙂

Patagonia
    Participant

Hmm, it does have a strange unwanted side effect: in both the latest posts widget (Kleo Latest post, with “post type =post” defined), as well as in the bb-press latest post widget, the latest pages now appear instead of blog posts and forum posts…

Patagonia
    Participant

Strangely enough this side-effect seems to have been temporarily (?). It’s ok now, maybe a cache-ing issue.

Patagonia
    Participant

Scrap the previous post: the side effect does exist as described, the correct version was still cached, but clearing the caches creates the problem on all pages.

sharmstr

Hmmm. I see that. Let me see what I can do about that. But might have to have abe sort it out.

sharmstr

Can you try deleting and readding the (Kleo) Recent posts = Posts and (Kleo) Recent posts = Topics? I did that on my site and it seems to have fixed the issue with that widget.

However, it hasnt fixed it for (bbPress) Recent Topics.

Patagonia
    Participant

Thanks; Yes, that seems to work with the KLEO widget (only), though the BBpress widget is more useful as it does not show the date for the topics.

sharmstr

So does the kleo widget. See attached.

Also you can see that it does by looking at the code in /kleo/lib/widgets/recent_post.php. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Wait, you said “does NOT”. Well, we can get rid of that. Hold tight.

sharmstr

Right click on the Topics widget to get the correct id, then use it like this (change 6 to your id)

COPY CODE

#kleo_recent_posts-6 .news-time {
    display: none;
    }

Anyhow, this is all temporary until Abe can come up with a better solution. I’ve assigned this topic to him, so he’ll see it.

I’ve also noticed that if you move away from widgets, go back in and save, they start listing all the pages again. So dont do that for now.

sharmstr

@patagonia, can you try this instead? I think adding the $query->is_main_query solves the problem and you’ll be able to use bbpress topics widget again.

COPY CODE

function kleo_archive_add_custom_types( $query ) {
        if(is_tag() && empty( $query->query_vars['suppress_filters'] ) && $query->is_main_query() ) {
            $query->set( 'post_type', array(
                'post', 'portfolio', 'product','page'
            ));
            return $query;
        }
    }

Abe
    Keymaster

hello, thank you for your intervention @sharmstr. I am looking for a way so kleo_archive_add_custom_types function will just append the portfolio type to that query.. keep you posted 🙂

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

hello guys and gals, here is the final code since I took a look at that plugin and the author did it just like that

COPY CODE

if (! function_exists( 'kleo_archive_add_custom_types' ) ) {
        function kleo_archive_add_custom_types( $query )
        {
            if (is_tag() && empty($query->query_vars['suppress_filters'])) {
                /*$query->set( 'post_type', array('post', 'portfolio', 'product'));*/
                $query->set('post_type', 'any');
                return $query;
            }
        }
    }
    add_filter( 'pre_get_posts', 'kleo_archive_add_custom_types' );

It will be included in the next theme update so you don’t have to worry about it on theme update

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

*high five*

Patagonia
    Participant

Thank you, Abe & Sharmstr!

jliglesias
    Participant

Hi there,

Abe, this code doesn’t work right with the bbpress plugin and posts tags, i.e. : the widget for the list of forums and the recent posts doesn’t display correctly. Maybe it is because the post_type filter is ‘any’, but I don’t know!.

I have now changed your code, like this:

COPY CODE
    if ( is_tag() && empty($query->query_vars['suppress_filters']) && $query->is_main_query() ) {
                /*$query->set( 'post_type', array('post', 'portfolio', 'product'));*/
                $query->set('post_type', 'any');
                return $query;
    }

It’s working fine for me!, is this correct?

Thank you, everyone.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?