This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     johnschneider89
    Participant

I have the theme installed but the product page image slider isn’t working. The only way to look at the different images is to open up the shadow box viewer and then cycle through them. I’ve been watching visitors to my site and they are seeming to be very frustrated by the slider not working as expected.

Thoughts on how to fix?

sharmstr

Refer to this: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-product-gallery-images-not-working#post-98726

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

johnschneider89
    Participant

Implemented those changes, but the issue is not fixed.

sharmstr

Your source code doest indicate that the changes are present. Do you have caching or cdn in place? If so purge them.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

johnschneider89
    Participant

I purged both this morning and have just repurged again to be on the safe side and I am still seeing the same error.

sharmstr

I’ll need ftp and wp admin access. Respond privately.

johnschneider89
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I checked the code and its correct. Its still a cdn issue or possibly a plugin confilict (but I doubt it). You can see in the attached that the issue is with srcset. The code to change the image is actually firing and working, but because of the srcset (which the code I gave you removes), the display isnt updated.

no-srcset – shows page source with the code i gave you implemented

page-load – shows your source code

srcset = shows your source code after clicking thumb. shows the image being updated, but srcset still shows og image and therefore doesnt change the displayed image.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

The interesting thing is that if I had a comment to the source code, I can see it without you flushing the cache/cdn. Can you look for a plugin conflict please.

johnschneider89
    Participant

Any thoughts on what sort of plugin I should be looking for? And how to tell if it is causing a conflict? It’s happening on another site of ours using Kleo, http://www.fargo3dprinting.com

It has pretty much the same plugin loadout.

sharmstr

To test for a plugin conflict, disable all plugins except woocommerce and k-elements.

I have 4 test sites, three of theme running Kleo 3.1.3 and the new code and none of them are adding the srcset stuff, so I’m sure that the code is okay. Even on the seventhqueen demo site.

johnschneider89
    Participant

Ok. I’ll do that later tonight when traffic is lower so I don’t disrupt our normal daily visitors.

sharmstr

maybe try this as well: https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-responsive-images/

Its supposed to disable all the new srcset stuff that was introduced in WP 4.4

johnschneider89
    Participant

Well hot damn. Installed that plugin to disable responsive images and now everything appears to be working the way it should be.

sharmstr

Great

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?