This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Adam.

• Author
     Adam
    Participant

It looks like the profile tabs (activity, profile, messages, notifications, settings, etc.) are eventually going to be ajax-driven, based on the existence of (unused) ‘ajax’ classes down in the markup.

But UNTIL that happens 😉 .. I’m trying to figure out a way to scroll the viewport down to the relevant content when a user clicks on one of the tabs. So if a user visits /username/profile/edit/ or /username/messages/ or /username/settings/, the window jumps down to the lower area of the page below the upper profile area.

It’s easy enough to add anchors in the lower section of the page, but I’m looking for some advice on how to check for the the 15-20 pages (or so) that would need this functionality, and how to trigger the scroll.

Perhaps a jquery scrollTo based on a check of the URL? I feel like there has to be some more performance-savy way of doing this? Any suggestions?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, see this exiting topic: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/keeping-scroll-bar-on-the-last-position-when-refresh

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Adam
    Participant

thanks @abe,

we’ve added #jumplinks to most places in order to bring the scroll down to the relevant area

(closed)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Profile usability: scrolling down to content’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?