This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by glassinebooks.

• Author
     glassinebooks
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been trying to resize the thumbnails for the related products listed on a products page, but I’m not sure how to change it without changing any of the other thumbnail sizes. Is there a simple way to do this with some css?

Thanks in advance

Catalin

Hello,

Please go to (WooComerce > Sttings) and in the products tab you can resize thumbnails. Take a look at my screenshot.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     glassinebooks
    Participant

Hi Catalina,

Changing the settings there didn’t seem to effect the related products thumbnails, even after regenerating all my thumbnails. In fact, I’m noticing that pretty much all the thumbnails don’t follow the sizes set there or their listed “natural” sizes. The related product thumbnails are displaying at 360×512, while apparently it’s “natural” size is 211×300, and I’ve set it to show at 300×300.

Catalin

Hello,

Please give me credentials to your WordPress to be able to replicate your issue. Reply as private for security reasons.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     glassinebooks
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look now at the product page.
    I created a test product and it has 300x300px. I regenerated the thumbnails and set the width and height of the thumbnails in the shop listing page.

Thank you,
    Catalin

glassinebooks
    Participant

Thanks for going out of your way and actually testing things out on the site Catalin! While the test product has no related products listed, the related product thumbnails on other products are still 360×360 pixels, so squared versions of the earlier thumbnails. So the only thumbnails that aren’t following the woocommerce product settings are the related product thumbnails… Still not sure what’s happening there =/

In case you check the site again, I’ve unchecked “hard crop” as I do want the while image to show in the thumbnail, just smaller.

Thanks!

Catalin

Hello,

The related products container is made responsive and the size of the thumbnail from that area is influence by this. You can set the number of related products to display in that area from (Theme settings > WooCommerce). The settings may not take effect if you do not emty your cache ( you have a cache plugin installed – I empty myself ).

Thank you,
    Catalin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     glassinebooks
    Participant

Thanks Catalin! Changing the number of related products to display did the trick!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Related product thumbnails too big’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?