This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     dsniche
    Participant

How can I remove the accordion view from the profile page? The way the profile page is displayed, right now I have to click the + sign to expand the profile details. I want all the profile details to be shown by default. Thank you.

dsniche
    Participant

I’ve changed the class from “accordion” to “toggle” in profile-loop.php so all the profile details are shown by default and the user can click the section title to toggle it open/close. Is there a way to make it so the profile fields can’t be hidden?

sohappyme1
    Participant

Hiya, I can help you with this one. Go to your wp admin dashboard–> mouse over “USERS” settings –> then within “USERS” section, choose “PROFILE FIELDS” —> then click “edit” underneath each field you want to make visible–> then, in the right hand sidebar you will see options 1)”requirement”, 2)”visibility” and 3)”autolink”. 1) will set whether the field is required to fill in, 2)In dropdown list choose who you would like to see this field, if you will choose “enfoce visibility” just below the drop down list, members will not be able to make it hidden and the field will show automatically to whomever you chose to for this field to be visible. One tip, be careful and don’t enforce visibility to any sensitive information which by DATA PROTECTION ACT/LAW – you as a site owner/information holder must use sensibly. (emails, date of birth etc) 3) if you will enable Autolink option, users will be able to click on customer’s profile selections and this will act as a search command within MEMbERS DIRECTORY. Say, if I was the user clicking to view your profile and I will see that yuo are from London – your web willl allow me to click on this word and then it will show me all memmbers that have this word in their profile. 🙂
    Hope this helps 🙂

dsniche
    Participant

I think you misunderstand my question because that’s not what I’m trying to accomplish, but thanks anyway.

dsniche
    Participant

Hmmm I don’t remember marking this as resolved. Is there a way to make it so the profile fields can’t be hidden?

dsniche
    Participant

Hello? It’s been 3 weeks since I posted this topic and I haven’t had any response.

Laura

Hello, sorry for the delay, the post was lost because it was answered by another user and not a moderator, so we didnt see it. Sorry for the delay.
    About your request, by default its expanded, but you can hide the icon so nobody can show less. Do you want that?
    Let me know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

dsniche
    Participant

Hi Laura,

You said “by default its expanded, but you can hide the icon so nobody can show less” — you’re referring to the toggle display and not accordion, right? If so then yes, I’d like to hide the icon so all the profile fields are always displayed.

Could you also look into this thread? Same problem with this one I guess, haven’t seen any response from a moderator for a long time. Thanks Laura! 🙂

Laura

Hello, that topic was closed by the system by mistake, i am sorry for that, will be able to help you here if you still have the same issue.
    I will need access to your admin dashboard to be able to test and apply the code 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

dsniche
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, to hide about me tab, add this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

#buddypress .profile .toggle li:nth-child(1) {
        display: none;
    }

To disable the toggle, add this

COPY CODE

h5.toggle-title.get-to-know-me {
        pointer-events: none;
        cursor: default;
    }

dsniche
    Participant

Thanks Laura! They worked.

Just one thing though. The toggle is still enabled, but only when I click on the little dot before the subheading of the profile fields. Because the dot is small it might not be a problem. But is that how it’s supposed to work?

Laura

Hello, we can hide the dot if you want, but maybe its helpful for your users

dsniche
    Participant

Hi Laura, I’ve been told that opening/closing the profile groups makes the page jump around on mobile, so I’d like to hide the dot please. If you could let me know how, that would be great. 🙂

Laura

Hello, this wont hide the dot but disable the click

COPY CODE

#buddypress ul.toggle {
        pointer-events: none !important;
        cursor: default;
    }

dsniche
    Participant

Worked beautifully. Thank you Laura! 🙂

Laura

Glad to help 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?