This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     msattolo
    Participant

Hi
    How can I show the name of a category or post type when using either Kleo Post or Post grid?
    Is it possible also to set a different color to the left margin of the post tittle in the Pinterest style, according to a category or post type?
    Thank you
    Miriam

sharmstr

Kleo posts already show the category if you have it turned on in Theme Options > Blog > Meta

It doesnt appear you can do that with grid builder: https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/display/VC/Grid+Builder

The colors already change colors based on post type: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/pinterest/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Well, based on post format, I should say.

You can also target categories like this. Just change the ‘courses’ to your category name.

COPY CODE

.masonry-listing .category-courses .post-title {
        border-left: 3px solid #fc604a !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

msattolo
    Participant

Thank you sharmstr.
    This helps. But, actually, I am trying to buid a Pinterest style page, bringing different Geodirectory Custom Post Types. The builder allows me to “call” any kind of post types, but the post won’t show the category unless it is a classical blog post. Is there any way to allow Geodirectory categories?
    Thank you!
    Miriam

sharmstr

I’ve discussed that here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/custom-taxonomy-terms-in-meta-list

msattolo
    Participant

Thank you.
    Will you guide me a little further? As I understand, I need to insert some code in the functions.php, and some other in kleo_entry_meta.php. And then select the options in the Blog Theme options.
    The classic geodirectory post-type it is called “place”. How would be the code? I don’t understand very much of coding….
    Than you so much
    Miriam

sharmstr

I’ll give this to someone else. Maybe they can assist you.

msattolo
    Participant

Thank you
    If I follow the linked you pointed
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/custom-taxonomy-terms-in-meta-list
    their are registering a taxonomy. In my case, the taxonomy has been created by the plugin. So, as far as I understand I need to tell the theme framework to recognize it.
    Where do I edit the kleo_entry_meta function? I think that, with this little help I will manage.
    Thank you
    Miriam

Andrei

Hi @msattolo, from what I can understand you can’t find the places post type listed in the Post Grid settings content source, that’s because of a small incompatibility between visual composer and geo directory, you can set your post grid only for posts, and then switch to the classic page editor and find where the post is defined in the post grid shortcode, and add your own post type there, manually.

Let me know if it worked.
    Cheers

msattolo
    Participant

Hello Andrei
    Actually, the post type is available trough the composer, and it is displayed. What I cannot manage is to bring the “Post type name” into the post.
    Kind regards
    Miriam

Andrei

Can you please provide a screenshot pointing out where exactly you want to add this ?

msattolo
    Participant

Here you are. Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

Well, categories taxonomy for other post types might not the same as the one for the “Posts” post type, so that’s why you won’t find them listed in there. Unfortunately this won’t be possible without some custom modifications.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

msattolo
    Participant

Thank you Andrei
    I would appreciate if you can lead me on customization, or point me in what bit of code should I make modifications.
    Kind regards
    Miriam

Andrei

The function which outputs the meta data is called “kleo_entry_meta” and is located in the main functions.php file starting with the line no 524. Please understand that you’ll need programming knowledge in order to modify this function.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?