This topic has 30 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     joninhas
    Participant

Hi ,

we have a strange problem with our site/instalation . When we try to affiliate to a group or send an invite to a friend it goes to a page where we get

” Are you sure you want to do this?”

with a button to go back …

please any help

joninhas
    Participant

at the end of the url i get a _wpnounce …

joninhas
    Participant

i don’t know if it is associated or not , bur when i want to send a private message to a member it opens the message form but it not appear any more the name of the member on destination ..

joninhas
    Participant

Any ideia?

Catalin

Hello,

It may be a plugin conflict. Try to deactivate plugins and activate them one by one and see if your issue still occurs.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     joninhas
    Participant

I already done that.

the problem comes with a site migration to another server. With this problem i detected another problem , this one https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/suddenly-invalid-activation-keys

joninhas
    Participant

i really need a solution because this is a production site …. 🙁

joninhas
    Participant

Some investigation:

This error usually occurs when WordPress checks for Nonce in an admin url and the check fails. Nonce are unique keys or numbers which can be generated by a theme, plugin, or a core WordPress file for verification purposes. Nonces add a security layer to protect WordPress URLs, forms, and ajax calls from abuse.

‘Are you sure you want to do this?’ error usually appears when nonce verification fails and the most likely candidates to cause this error are plugins and themes not using nonce properly.

Most commonly, this error is caused by a plugin or theme that is installed on your site. To investigate which plugin or theme is causing the issue, you will need to deactivate all your plugins.

i already deactivate all your plugins…. don’t know what to do more ….

joninhas
    Participant

Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. Actual current user is be initialized using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /home/nginx/domains/xxxxxxxx/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3245

Debugging we get this erros on that page ….

This is very urgent, please Abe, any help

joninhas
    Participant

Any suggestion, help, anything ? 3 days passed …

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @joninhas
    Still the problem remains? that activation error happened in older Sweetdate versions. Make sure you have the latest theme active 2.6.1

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

joninhas
    Participant

I have all updated …. yes the problem remains

Abe
    Keymaster

Give me a link to your site.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

joninhas
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I checked your site and it seems you disabled the activation email since I was logged in automatically and no email received

---

joninhas
    Participant

Yes , i do it because of your suggestion and installed BP Disable Activation Reloaded plugin

joninhas
    Participant

The problem ” Are you sure you want to do this?”

happens when you try to add a friend, subscribe a group, etc

And when you send a private message it don’t get the variable os username to the form …. and some other problems on search , but i think is all related ….

joninhas
    Participant
     joninhas
    Participant
     joninhas
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

I will take another look tonight and let you know

---

joninhas
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Have you gone through basic troubleshooting like changing to Twenty Twelve theme and/or deactivating plugins except BuddyPress to check what’s causing the issue?

---

Abe
    Keymaster

If it was some server incompatibility it should affect more areas of the site. try the above and see how it goes

---

joninhas
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

If I go to a member profile and click the add friend button it is not an AJAX request since the pages refreshes to complete the action

---

joninhas
    Participant

you have checked the error when adding a friend? Have any ideia about the problem?

joninhas
    Participant

resolved

Abe
    Keymaster

How did you fixed it. I am curious in case someone will encounter this.

---

joninhas
    Participant

Hi Abe,

#try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?q=$uri$is_args$args;
    this was my rule to serve static files or anything else in wordpress and i changed for this :

#try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;

and start working 🙂

it was very complicated to discover the problem, but apparently it looks all fine now , let see …

Abe
    Keymaster

Great. thanks for sharing 😉

---

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Strange problems nginx’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?