This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

Updated to 3.0 (did auto update initially). Updated required plugins too. Now, whenever I click on any of the Theme Options tabs, I get a WSOD – White Screen of Death.

I deactivated all plugins but the required. I then deactivated EVERY plugin. I changed the theme, then back. Tried as Parent Theme. Tried as Child Theme. I re-uploaded 3.0 again, this time from scratch, via FTP. I turned off the monitor, threw salt over my shoulder, walked away, and when I came back was still broken.

Nothing resolves.

While it is a pretty white screen, it is also pretty inconvenient for actually getting anything done on the site.

I should mention that the front end works fine, its just the Theme Options.

I’m likely missing something simple. Guidance?

Thanks.

Laura

Hello, please enable wp debug in your wp-config.php and then try again, then le tme know if you see a message.
    To neable wp debug add:

COPY CODE

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mitchcan
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Debug enabled. Yes, I see an entire page of text. Not the normal debug messages that I see on top of an admin page, but an entire page of text with no admin screens at all.

Now what?

Laura

Please share the text with me

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mitchcan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi. I will look into this and try to replicate it. It would be good if you can provide admin credentials and ftp access.

Mark the reply as private

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mitchcan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     mitchcan
    Participant

I needed to get started on the server migration. But since it is a copy to another server, the access info I provided will still work. Whatever you figure out is wrong can then also be made to the new server as needed.

Please let me know what you figure out so I can access Theme Options changes.

Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

the site credentials don’t work. please check them and let me know

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mitchcan
    Participant

Just doubled checked, they are working now. Sorry for the error. Thanks for taking a look at this.

Abe
    Keymaster

@mitchcan
    We are releasing an update right now to fix this compatibility and it is related to your hosting php version from what we saw.

---

mitchcan
    Participant

Thanks @Abe, I grabbed files from codecanyon a bit ago, uploaded via ftp, and they look to still be 3.0. I see your changelog is updated to show 3.0.1, I guess it might be a bit before the new files hit codecanyon? I’ll look for them again in a while.

Thanks for your work on this. You guys are great.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, please see my reply here related to KLEO 3.0.1 update and continue there the discussion on any theme options problem

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/installed-3-0-theme-options-disabled#post-62654

Thanks

---

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Theme Options Leads to WSOD’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?