This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: ,

secretenergy
    Participant

Good day, I’m currently running Kleo 1.5 and I have all plugins playing well together however I cannot help but to look at the new updates and the many things that have been upgrade although because of this themes recommendations I have purchased the Pro versions of every plugin such as rev slider and rtMedia. I’m finally about to launch the site in a couple of weeks but my question is SHOULD I UPDATE MY PLATFORM and risk some major errors or should I leave well enough alone and just go forward with 1.5? I need some expert advice on this. Thank you in advance for your time, we love Kleo and are staged to launch probably the largest platform using this template.

Catalin

Hello,

You have to make a BACKUP for the files of the theme via FTP and then update to the latest version. The Themes works right but you could have different plugins or settings or custom code that could give you issues.

So my advice is to keep a backup of the files first and then make the update.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     secretenergy
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. So your saying if I make a backup via FTP, if something goes wrong I can reload this backup and restore things back to the way they where? Also what backup software do you recommend.

Catalin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/screenshots/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     secretenergy
    Participant

Is there a way this can be done using a child theme?

sharmstr

Set up a staging site. You can test everything first. You’ll be happy you have one after launching. I actually have 2 test sites. One with an exact copy of production and one that is clean installs (not child themes, no custom code) of everything. So easy to pinpoint and test for issues.

The other thing I do before any Kleo upgrade is ftp all my files down to my desktop and rename all the folders to what versions they are (kelo-1.5, js_composer-xxx). Then after I upgrade everything, I redownload. If there is an issue and I have to revert, I add the version number to the new folders, remove the version numbers for the old folder and upload. Everything is back to before it was upgraded.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

secretenergy
    Participant

Thanks I will try that.

sharmstr

Make sure you only rename the backup (downloaded) folders. DO NOT RENAME ANY FOLDERS ON YOUR SERVER. Sorry, for the all caps, but its important.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?