This topic has 23 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     rutico
    Participant

Trying to change default avatar to customized profile picture, but getting 404 screen?
    What am I doing wrong?

Andrei

Hello,

We would need some more information about this issue.
    Please provide us your installation address so we can check out the problem.

Waiting your feedback !

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     jchaparro
    Participant

I have the same issue.
    I can upload pictures under “Album”, but my profile don’t accept a picture. When I clic the button: “Change Photo”, a 404 error page appears. The “Change Photo” button links to “http://address.com/members/membername/profile/change-avatar/#item-nav”

How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

okcomrade
    Participant

I had the same issue, and I solved it by fixing another error. Check it out:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/bp-pages

Abe
    Keymaster

Try re-saving Settings – Permalinks and make sure you have pretty permalinks.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

jchaparro
    Participant

Tried and it didn’t solve the issue. Next steep?

Abe
    Keymaster

have you assigned all the pages in WP admin – Pages and the assign them from Settings – Buddypress – Pages?

This is a misconfiguration from your side somewhere

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

jchaparro
    Participant

Configuration according to your documentation. What do you think about a TeamViewer session? I can let you access to my laptop to check the website.

Abe
    Keymaster

Gime me some temporary credentials to your site to take a look but this is a misconfiguration and not a theme problem

---

jchaparro
    Participant

Sure, give me your mail.

Abe
    Keymaster

Put the access details here and mark the reply as private

---

jchaparro
    Participant

No way. Why don’t you say me how to solve?

Abe
    Keymaster

I can’t say how to solve since it is a problem with your configuration that requires inspecting your settings and probably it is not even related to the theme.
    our email is themesupport@seventhqueen.com

---

jchaparro
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     jchaparro
    Participant

Dear Help Desk team:

Two weeks ago I created a user to you, at your request, to help me solve the error 404 issue when users click on “Change photo” in their profiles. My system logs you are not logged in in the system for two weeks. Which means you may never have been logged in. Why? I want you to know what is the status of the solution? Can you solve it?
    Please help me solve this soon, otherwise I’ll have to ask Themeforest for a money return for your theme.

Thank you very much.

Johan Chaparro.

CC: themesupport@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry I might have missed your topic. I said that I will help you even though that error for sure is not related to the theme so I don’t know why you say you will ask for a refund but that is your option.

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Anyway I had to search in the emails since you haven’t attached the user/pass here but you haven’t provided a site url

---

jchaparro
    Participant

You can find all those data in the email.

Abe
    Keymaster

Please put here your site name and mark the reply as private… since I don’t have your site name, otherwise I wouldn’t have asked it

---

jchaparro
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I looked at your site and your problem comes from some custom code added somewhere in your site since you have disabled the change avatar functionality somehow. I can see also you did something to the avatar not to display the default one so maybe it is related

Cheers

---

jchaparro
    Participant

Thanks a lot. Solved.

jchaparro
    Participant

I solved it checking the mark at Settings > Discussions > Avatar Display > Show Avatars.

Abe
    Keymaster

Great, closing topic

---

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Upload Picture under profile’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?