This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     frien337
    Participant

Hi SeventhQueen,

I had a nice page that showed which users were online. I created this by following your instructions on:

> https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-list-only-members-online-clicking-on-whos-online-on-side-bar

However, after updating the template yesterday, it now shows all users regardless who si online or not. May you tell us what we need to edit in order to get this page working again?

Thanks guys!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello,
    We haven’t added something to interfere with that.. maybe you installed a plugin or something

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

frien337
    Participant

Thanks Abe,

I don’t think that’s the problem because this happened exactly after I upgraded the theme, before installing any plugins. I also did a test now and disabled all of my plugins but it still doesn’t work and shows all members, regardless of being online or not.

I sent an email to you guys this morning (subject: BP-Album Problems”) which contains my login/ftp details. Any chance you could take a look at it?

Thanks
    Ryan

frien337
    Participant

Hi Abe, I just re-installed wordpress and I get the same problem in that the offline members are still showing. As such, I guess that there is something from the theme update that is causing this. Any chance you could take a look into that?

Thanks a mill!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Give us again the credentials here please by marking the reply as private if the problem is still there

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

frien337
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We tested the file in some installs on our servers and only logged in users appear. Also we can upload without problem.
    I suggest you do a test clean install without your changes and see how it goes and if it works the problem is something with your added changes

---

frien337
    Participant

Hi Abe,

I just created a fresh install and the problem still persists.

You can see this by going to the following url:

http://friendsireland.com/test/members-online/

It shows members online even when there are none. Here’s the code that I used, it’s taken directly from the URL referenced at the beginning of this thread:

<?php

/**
    * Template Name: BuddyPress - Members Online
    * @package BuddyPress
    * @subpackage Theme
    */

get_header(); ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_members_loop' ); ?>

<?php if ( bp_has_members( bp_ajax_querystring( 'members' ). '&type=online&per_page='.sq_option('buddypress_perpage') ) ) : ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_directory_members_list' ); ?>

<div class="item-list search-list" id="members-list">
    <?php while ( bp_members() ) : bp_the_member(); ?>

<div class="four columns">
    <div class="search-item">
    <div class="avatar">
    <?php bp_member_avatar('type=full&width=94&height=94&class='); ?>
    <?php do_action('bp_members_inside_avatar');?>
    </div>
    <?php do_action('bp_members_meta');?>
    <div class="search-body">
    <?php do_action( 'bp_directory_members_item' ); ?>
    </div>
    <div class="bp-member-dir-buttons">
    <?php do_action('bp_directory_members_item_last');?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

<?php endwhile; ?>
    </div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_directory_members_list' ); ?>

<?php bp_member_hidden_fields(); ?>

<!-- Pagination -->
    <div class="row">
    <div class="twelve columns pagination-centered">
    <div class="pagination" id="pag-bottom">
    <div id="member-dir-pag-bottom" class="pagination-links">
    <?php bp_members_pagination_links(); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!--end Pagination-->
    <?php else: ?>

<div id="message" class="alert-box">
    <?php _e( "Sorry, no members were found.", 'kleo_framework'); ?>
    </div>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_members_loop' ); ?>

Abe
    Keymaster

This is the file that works for us: http://seventhqueen.com//support/files/buddypress-online.txt

---

frien337
    Participant

Hi Abe, that still doesn’t work on my end 🙁 It’s a clean install with absolutely no customisations, so I have ruled that out. The only other thing that I can think of is if it is a problem with my database or something to do with the server setup. Are there any settings required on the server for your theme to work or do you have any other ideas that I could look into?

Thanks again,
    Ryan

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi
    Maybe try on different server or your local computer. There are no special needs… we’ll do additional tests

---

frien337
    Participant

Hi Abe,

I just tried installing WP locally and I am still plagued by this problem…. 😉 It is a bit head-wrecking because you say it works fine for you. I have tried on my live install, on a fresh install and also on a local install – but I always get the same problem whereby users are showing up even though they are not logged in.

I have ruled out any plugin/modification conflicts because this happens to me on a fresh, standard install of WordPress and your theme.

This only ever started happening when I upgraded to the latest version of your theme, previously it had worked just fine and the upgrade leads me to believe (or guess 😉 ) that it has to do with something in the new theme.

I will send you new login details in a private reply for your investigations.

frien337
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Please, can you try with the older version?
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/sweetdate2.2.zip

---

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?