This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by kcurlsjr.

• Author
     kcurlsjr
    Participant

I’m using the Grid Masonary to display all the blog posts in the archives or main blog page. When a featured image is used, it represents the post in the grid for Standard and Aside posts. However, video posts have the video in the blog archive.

Is it possible to make the Featured Image replace the video clip?

–btw really loving this theme… it is amaze-balls

kcurlsjr
    Participant

Never mind I found the solution in another thread: just don’t use the video post type.

Is that really the only thing that differs about the video post type?

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks for the appreciation 😉
    yes the video post type just has the video instead of featured image

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

kcurlsjr
    Participant

Actually I take that back. — I guess I should have tested before I posted.

If I change the post type to something other than video (e.g. standard or aside), yes the featured image is displayed in the masonry grid… but the video disapears from within the post.

Is there any way to have a post containing a video, but also uses the featured image in the masonry grid?

Abe
    Keymaster

just add a youtube link for example in the post content. this works based on oEmbed functionalty. more here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

kcurlsjr
    Participant

…and now I feel dumb. 🙂

Thanks for the quick response, Abe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Using Featured Image for Video Posts’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?