This topic has 34 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years by designing.

• Author
     jchamp
    Participant

Hi there

my woocommerece is not working in that I can select a product to buy. the page is working yet there is no buttons to select to take it to the shopping cart

designing
    Participant

Yes we’re also having a problem with woocommerce we can’t see any of the products that we’ve added? any ideas

Abe
    Keymaster

hi,

@jchamp
    Maybe you haven’t added a price for the product or you have enabled catalog mode in Theme options – Woocommerce

@designing, Your products should appear in the /shop page. Make sure you have configured woocommerce pages

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

designing
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Yes I’ve configured the woocommerce pages but I still cant add products, really frustrating 🙁

Abe
    Keymaster

Strange. That should be related to Woocommerce plugin but give us some temporary access to take a look

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

designing
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Let us know If your around today and we’ll send you some temporary access to the site. Really strange that we can’t add products but it’s probably something really silly we’re missing 🙁

Thanx

designing
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     designing
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

You should see the notice from Woocommerce when saving: This variable product has no active variations so cannot be published. Changing status to draft.

---

Abe
    Keymaster

If you make it simple product you will be able to publish it

---

designing
    Participant

Hi Abe,

I’m a little bit confused because for instance, a shirt would have large, medium and small so isn’t that a variation? I’m just about to add a simple product and see what results I get.

ThanX
    LG

designing
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

I haven’t said to stick with the simple products. I just said the reason why the products aren’t saving because you aren’t adding specific options. On our demo we created a separate page from the Shop with some shortcodes. See this topic for the code: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/homepage-shop

---

designing
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

I have given some instruction there:
    “Hi, we have created the shop page after the update. Grab the content from the file attached and add it to your page edit in the Classic editor – Text tab, not Visual”

Also that is another page(a new created page), not the shop page in our demo.

---

designing
    Participant

Ahh Ok Abe,

Sorry for the misunderstanding

ThanX

designing
    Participant
     designing
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

You create new sidebars from Appearance – Sidebars which you add widgets to from Appearance – Widgets and then select them in the widgetized shortcode
    Those are category images, nothing special

---

nicki12117
    Participant

Hi,

I have created 2 products but am not sure how to make them appear in the ‘shop’.

I have the woocommerce plugin but am not sure what I need to do to allow the products to be seen in the shop as the shop page is just blank at the moment.

I’m still very much learning so any support would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicki

designing
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi @designing, we’ve built a demo page with shortcodes that illustrate some “Shop by category” and other widgets examples. Take a look here Shop Shortcodes

Regards,
    Robert

designing
    Participant
     designing
    Participant

Hi Robert,

We’ve sorted out the the product images but we still need to fix the widgets. On-sale Products, Featured Products, Newsletter Sign Up, How do we create these widgets?

Thanx

sharmstr

Put the ‘WooCommerce Product’ widget in the Shop Sidebar twice. Configure one to show on-sale and the other to show featured.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

designing
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Sorry I’ve now found the woocommerce widget and it now makes sense your a star. Do you know how to create the “Newsletter Sign Up” widget

ThanX again

sharmstr

I have no idea about the newsletter sign up. Do you see that on Kleo demo site?

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

designing
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Yes the “Newsletter Sign Up” is here just above the footer next to the “Top Rated Product” http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/default-shop There’s probaly an easy way to create it but I don’t know how?

ThanX

sharmstr

Right. Okay. Not sure what they are using for the ‘newsletter’ functionality, but the actual form is a Contact 7 Form. Here’s how I just did it (though again, not sure how it hooks to a newsletter subscribers db)

-Create a form in Contact Form 7. When you save it, it will give you a shortcode to use.
    -Create a custom sidebar and call it Newsletter Signup (or whatever you want). ‘Appearance -> Sidebars’
    -Add the form shortcode to the new sidebar. ‘Appearance -> Widgets’: Add a text widget to the new sidebar and paste the contact form 7 shortcode in it. Save it.
    -Add the a widgetised sidebar to your shop page. Select your new sidebar for the sidebar.

There are plenty of newsletter hooks (mailchimp, constant contact) for Contact Form 7. Just google it.

Abe
    Keymaster

We are releasing a Mailchimp widget in next theme version to replace the CF7 widget

---

designing
    Participant

Ok AbE,

Thanks we’ll wait for that, what about the notification being added to the head is that still happening? Also could you provide us with the code to change the color of the “complete sign up” button and move it up about 20px

ThanX

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes we are implementing that. Thanks @sharmstr for your contribution.

Style the registration button with this CSS:

COPY CODE

.main-color #buddypress #signup_submit { background: #000; color: #fff; margin-top: -20px;}

---

designing
    Participant

Hi Abe,

For some reason that code isn’t working #signup_submit is what I tried targeting before but it’s not working 🙁

Any ideas

Thanx

Abe
    Keymaster

My bad 🙂 see the modified code

---

designing
    Participant

Yeah Abe,

That works fine

ThanX 😉

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Woocommerce not working’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?