This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: ,

torbenj
    Participant

Hi there,

I would like to know if it´s as easy as I believe to update KLEO to 3.0?

Is the only way to do this to download the files at ThemeForest and then upload them as a new theme with the same name as the old one?

I think it´s I´ll take a backup of the main theme just in case.

I have made some changes in the translation files because my site is in danish, so I guess I will have to change these files? Is the right way to have these danish files in my child theme – or..?

How can I make sure that nothing will be missing or changed after an update?

Let me know if I´m missing something here..?

I have spend some time creating my site so I would like to make sure that I´m doing this the right way.

Thanks..! 🙂

Regards

Torben

torbenj
    Participant

Hi again,

I found the update in my WordPress Control Panel and I updated, so I didn´t have to download it from ThemeForest which is great – I hope! 😉

After the update my language files where changed, so I had to change them back to the old da_DK ones.

Is there a way to keep the language files after an update. Can I place them inside the Child Theme – or?

Let me know 🙂

Thanks!

Regards

Torben

sharmstr

Take a look at this. Seems the topic isn’t solved, but try what Radu suggested. If it doesnt work, give him your credentials. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/kleo-translation-update-proof

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

I am trying to update my KLEO Theme. I have downloaded the latest version from ThemeForest and have attempted to upload the “kleo.zip” file to my WordPress Themes, and I am receiving the error…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home1/metapia0/public_html/metaphysicalfitness.net/dojo/wp-content/themes/kleo/

Theme install failed.

I am considering deleting the current theme and then uploading the new download to solve this issue, but something tells me there is a better solution than this, as I fear that approach could cause potential issues with my customized settings.

I have also registered the theme with the theme updated option entering my ThemeForest user name and purchase pin. But I have not received any emails or pop-ups that would enable me to make an update directly through WordPress.

Any solutions?

sharmstr

You need to ftp it to your server. Instructions are here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?