This topic has 246 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 8 years by corpor8chic.

• Author
     misiak007
    Participant

Pleas add support for easy digital downloads
    thanks

nusolutions
    Participant

Maybe not a big deal to many but just noticed that if you opt to disable to Page Title Location for Buddypress pages you loose site of the Create a group link. To show this link I have chose to enable the title to the Breadcrumb area. Since it’s a BP option not sure if it would be possible, or even worthwhile, to have an option to show certain items, say that create a group link while disabling page titles, without having to add extra code.

webmaster-sw
    Participant

Social Icon Links on BuddyPress profile pages

It’s weird that there aren’t social networks baked in to the Profile Fields.
    I am making them myself, but they are very clunky.

For example, the only available format is:

Social Network socialnetwork.com/username

Additionally, the link titles aren’t editable to eliminate the ‘socialnetwork.com/’, and there’s no control to keep users from entering a link to the incorrect social network into each field.

I am going to have to hide the labels & reassign all links to one line using CSS, and replace the links with javascript to prevent loss of code on theme updates. This will not protect each link from going to the wrong network, but it is a start.

webmaster-sw
    Participant

BuddyPress Profile Link as Author

Here’s another quick feature which would make a lot of sense:

Option to redirect Author link away from “See more posts by this author” to “/Buddypress Profile/Author”, and author thumbnail

Right now, then only way to message or friend an author is to copy their name off the article, copy it into Search, wait for the AJAX “Members” drop down to load their profile, and then click to their profile. Or to paste it into Members Directory.

There should be a direct link on articles.

mjy
    Participant

Here’s a modest feature/update request.
    Just add the ability to include the members name together with the avatar.
    This would look more intuitive and more polished IMHO especially where the avatar is still set to default image.
    Based on this thread
    So clearly appears to be fairly modest enhancement depending on how much configuration you allow.

sharmstr

@mjy – I’ve submitted the code to the Kleo team for approval and inclusion in the next update.

@webmaster-sw
    – I somewhat agree with you and have had that as a “will do something about this for my sites” in the back of my mind for some time now. But, in thinking about it now, I dont think redirecting makes the best sense. There’s no other easy way to view all of the authors posts. Maybe instead, have a few more small icons in the meta for messaging and viewing the authors profile?

Also, I posted a hack a long time ago that I’m using on my sites to add the author avatar to the meta: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/display-user-avatar-in-post

Now that I’m contributing code to the Kleo team on a regular basis, I’ll see about submitting all of that to them for inclusion into the theme. Please let me know your thoughts on the profile/messaging links.

Edit: Here’s what I have working so far. It will have the ability to turn on/off meta items. See attached

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sarpdiego
    Participant

a MyCreed integration would be cool. I want to see the mycreed ranks in the forum treads.
    Another cool feature.

Another cool feature would own mobile settings section.
    Where can I set such as the menu will displayed on mobile phones. my customers have strong problems with the mobile version. here is improvement needed.

webmaster-sw
    Participant

@sharmstr Your author avatar / messaging / more posts presentation looks awesome!

I saw code for just the author in the post your linked.

Do you have code finished for the above attachment? I have figured out why my child theme wasn’t working previously and am excited to make php improvements now.

sharmstr

My code has been added to Kleo. It will be available in the next release.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Oh. And thank you 🙂

webmaster-sw
    Participant

@Sharmstr Noooooooo I can’t wait that long!

Okay fine, what’s the timeline on the next update?

sharmstr

There’s too many files that were touched in the fix. I’m thinking about a week.

Pixxx
    Participant

Main content width for one sidebar templates* and Main content width for two sidebars templates!

Please add 75%, 83% and 91%, for the next release

And for the future, inspire from theme.co

https://theme.co/x/member/forums/topic/release-notes-x-v3-1-1-x-shortcodes-v2-6-1/

King Heru
    Participant

How about a “follow me on twitter” button for all of the members?

Invite widget for the social networks Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, G+, and emails, et cetera?

There are plugins that do this but they are real buggy and don’t work well with the theme.

King Heru
    Participant
     sharmstr

@King Heru. Try this

Create a new Profile Field called Twitter. Make it a text field and put in the description something like “Please input your twitter name including the @ symbol.”

Then go to Theme Options > General Settings, paste the follow code into the JavaScript code field.

COPY CODE

<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>

Save it.

Then in your child theme’s functions.php file, add this

COPY CODE

add_action('bp_profile_header_meta','twitter_follow');

function twitter_follow() {
    	if ( $data = bp_get_profile_field_data( array('user_id'=>bp_displayed_user_id(), 'field'=>'twitter' )) ) : ?>
        	<a>bp_displayed_user_id(), 'field'=>'twitter')); ?>"class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow <?php echo bp_get_profile_field_data( array('user_id'=>bp_displayed_user_id(), 'field'=>'twitter')); ?></a>
        <?php endif;
    }

If you have any problems with this code, please open up a topic for it to discuss. I want to keep this thread clean.

Its a bit un-user friendly out of the box for kleo….

Wishlist:

1. Control of the layout of all profile pages.
    2. Ability to turn header off but still have nav menu…so everything moves up. Right now all of UX is below the fold and there is a lot of wasted space. The show more/show less function isn’t necessary.
    3. Cover pics (Sharmstr just said this is coming in next update kids!)

Any of these items possible now?

Thanks in advance!

beans

giorgos
    Participant

Please consider below 2 items for future releases:

1. Conditionate ##profile_link## menu items so that only logged in users are able to see.
    (Now My ACCOUNT main menu item still appears on logged out users, sub menus are empty thought, but the line separators are still appearing)

2. Add the counts on the BP links (##profile_link##) like the native wordpress menu does.

Thanks
    Giorgos

Pixxx
    Participant

Maybe something to build the app on???

http://apppresser.com/intro-ionic-framework/

+1 @Pixx

I am researching making my own for my buddypress/kleo site right now…and its slim pickns.

beans

Also, what happened to the Facebook style cover pic option for this latest update? I don’t see it on the feature list…

rock and roll.

sharmstr

Its there. Its a new plugin. Just not listed. I just updated a site that was still on 2.3.1 and it didnt auto install. If this happens to you, you can install it from kleo/lib/inc/buddypress-cover-photo.zip. Once installed enable it and chose your settings in theme options / buddypress.

Thx Sharmstr…I’ll get it going this evening. Dayjob firewall won’t let me ftp to my site for some reason.

Thoughts on creating an app for our kleo buddypress sites? A Facebook app clone of sorts…

Hope ur doing well.

beans

sharmstr

Hey Beans – A phone app would be nice. Wanna do it? LOL 😀 Just kidding. I’ve been thinking about it for about 8 months now. I haven’t made it beyond that. Not sure what 7th Queen thinks about it or if its even on their radar.

Ryaza
    Participant

Very beautiful update! Tell us when you add groups cover like a BuddyPress Profile cover with a fresh and awesome design???

Kieran
    Participant

I’ve got to say (as greedy as it is) I would also love to have group header covers.

You guys have done and are doing a great job, it’s the best money I’ve ever spent on a theme, thank you for all of your hard work.

mitchcan
    Participant

Hey,

I’m new here (< week) so I’ll likely have lots of questions and “can-we-make-it-do-this” kinda comments. The ubiquitous and ever helpful @sharmstr told me to post this over here, hence, my post:

Is there a simple way to ‘clear’ the search form bar which then returns the page to an ‘unfiltered’ display? I have seen some search boxes with a little ‘x’ on the right side which then clears the search. Is this possible here?

In another plugin I use, it has something like the attached image, which basically resets the search to a fresh start, in this case, back to the entirety of a business directory.

Thanks.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

@mitchcan that does not come from Kleo theme and probably a plugin. Try to contact the developer to add that functionality

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mitchcan
    Participant

Hi @Abe, yes, the functionality shown in the screenshot does indeed come from a plugin that uses its own search form.

My point was to submit an idea that the basic search form used by the Kleo theme have such a “clear” option to reset the search. Like the form at the top in Groups or Members. As it is, you simply have to manually clear the search form and then reclick the All. In the big scheme of things, its a minor user inconvenience, so its not a big need to add it. It was just a thought.

Thanks for all your work to make this a great theme.

nusolutions
    Participant

@Cover
    The ability to align the avatar either left, center, right, or bottom. As the attachment shows this may make for a better experience.

Attachments:
     Reflect Growth
    Participant

Is it possible to have the ability to comment added onto the “Activity Stream” component provided through the visual editor.

E.g. If I create a page , add the “Activity Stream” component to it, it will load the stream but only show the favourite or delete options, not the ability to comment (like on the Site Wide Activity page).

DavidAELevy
    Participant

Please add fields in setting to adjust breadcrumbs styling (background color and font color) please. Seems something trivial to be over looked but not having it is a real hassle. Don’t know if it’s been brought to developer staff attention but plenty of people have been posting about it in the support subforums.

Abe
    Keymaster

@Reflect You could do it by CSS and in your CSS make a reference to your page class from the body tag

@DavidAELevy
    it is already there.
    Site-wide setting is in WP admin – Theme options – Styling options – Alternate
    Page individual setting is under the page edit screen, in Theme General Settings – Title section

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

US
    Participant

Bottom Fixed Navbar
    like this:
    http://playingintrafficrecords.com
    This is my site and I would like to move it to Kleo for the BuddyPress function and would like to retain the bottom fixed menu

hdavidsen
    Participant

It would be extremely useful to be able to sort the profile tabs as Sweet Date> Profile Tabs, and also sort Item-nav order.

sharmstr

@hdavidsen: You can sort the profile tabs by dragging and dropping them. WP Admin > Users > Profile Fields > Click and hold a tab and drag it to the position you want.

You can sort the profile nav menu using this function

COPY CODE

function my_change_profile_tab_order() {
    global $bp;

$bp->bp_nav['settings']['position'] = 10;
    $bp->bp_nav['activity']['position'] = 20;
    $bp->bp_nav['friends']['position'] = 30;
    $bp->bp_nav['groups']['position'] = 40;
    $bp->bp_nav['blogs']['position'] = 50;
    $bp->bp_nav['messages']['position'] = 60;
    $bp->bp_nav['profile']['position'] = 70;
    }
    add_action( 'bp_setup_nav', 'my_change_profile_tab_order', 999 );

Abe
    Keymaster

thanks @sharmstr 🙂

---

hdavidsen
    Participant

Thank you @sharmstr 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

nice @united
    we will add it to the queue 🙂

---

lastafa
    Participant

Sticky Mobile Header

This should be fairly simple since you have this functionality on big screens: An option to make the header sticky on mobile browsers.

Another option could be to just have the menu button overlay on the top right.

I hope this comes out in the next awesome update!

LJ

jrantz6
    Participant

To go along with the “load more” option for the kleo posts grid module, I would like to see a category selection at the top of the module where a reader could select to see all post or narrow viewing to a selected category only.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘KLEO – Features Requests’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?