This topic has 27 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Anchora.

• Author
     Anchora
    Participant

After the update the layout crashes. When using only the functions.php from here:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/password-reset
    it is also crashed.

how is this related to my before/after-wrap-files, where i’ve put the sidebars in?

buddypress-before-wrap:
    <div class=”row”>

<aside class=”five columns hide-for-small” id=”leftbar”><?php dynamic_sidebar( ‘sidebara’ ); ?></aside>
    <?php /* Before content – action */ ?>

buddypress-after-wrap:
    </div><!–end content–>
    <aside class=”five columns hide-for-small” id=”rightbar”> <?php dynamic_sidebar( ‘sidebarb’ ); ?></aside>

After the update, the right sidebar disappeared and all styles are different.

plz help, updating would be really nice!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We haven’t done any changes to the templates. You probably did some changes in the parent theme and were overwritten by the update. Try putting back the old files from a backup and doing a DIFF on those particular files

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Anchora
    Participant

I did that. All unwanted changes come from the parents functions.php (which I definately did never edit).
    If I update + then copy back the old functions.php, it still works and my right sidebar is present.

btw:
    buddypress-before-wrap.php IS different in 2.1 / 2.4.

Would there be another way to implement my sidebars another way than shown above?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Can you please explain again what is the problem because I don’t think I understood right. Maybe add some screenshots too

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Anchora
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Anchora
    Participant

Ok I try again:

1. when updating from 2.1 to 2.4, there are several css-issues, though this was all edited in the child. Thats the minor problem. More major is

2. that the right sidebar entirely disappeared after the update. I thought this could be related to our way of implementing the sidebars:
    In buddypress-before-wrap.php (in the child) we have inserted this “dynamic_sidebar( ‘sidebara’ );” here:

<aside class=”five columns hide-for-small” id=”leftbar”><?php dynamic_sidebar( ‘sidebara’ ); ?></aside>

…and quite the equal thing in buddypress-after-wrap.php for the rightbar…

3. When updating to 2.4 but then copying the old 2.1-functions.php to the theme, the issue is gone + right sidebar present again. But doing this makes no sense of course…

Abe
    Keymaster

Since 2.1 I guess we implemented 3-cols templates. You could set buddypress pages as a 3-column page and discard the changes in buddypres-xxx-wrap.php

---

Anchora
    Participant

No, theres no 3-column in that version

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes but you are now using 2.4 so do that

---

Anchora
    Participant

Not yet, because of lots of adjustments.
    Thought there would be some easier way.
    🙁

But thanks.

Hopefully the related problems with searchpage-2 and lost-password-modal are really solved with this, because actually i’d have no reason to update…

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes lost password is resolved. what about the searchpage-2?

---

Anchora
    Participant

That one here:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/search-results-mismatch#reply-10443

only tested 1 time, but it seemed, that issue remains

(actually i wouldnt update, if these 2 issues werent present )

Anchora
    Participant

Did the update.
    Lost-password-problem is solved indeed.

But that searchresults-mismatch on resultspage 2 still remains.

Abe
    Keymaster

Search mismatch also is resolved 🙂
    maybe caching problem

---

Anchora
    Participant

hm sorry abe, but no.
    serverside-caching is off.
    and i tried several times with newstarting the browser, not only clearing the browsercache..
    same results in ff and chrome.

have a look!?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi Anchora, can you give me your site link again please?

---

Anchora
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Can’t tell which is the members page, please give full details

---

Anchora
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

and your custom_buddypress/bp-function.php isn’t overridden in your child theme?

---

Abe
    Keymaster

or kleo-bp-search?

---

Anchora
    Participant

no, both files are not present in the child.

Anchora
    Participant

btw: deactivating this members-avatar-map doesn’t make a difference.

Anchora
    Participant

any news about this?

Abe
    Keymaster

We did all kind of test and can’t seem to reproduce. Can you make sure all files are updated to the latest version in custom_buddypress folder? Re-write them with the ones from last update

---

Anchora
    Participant

As I said before:
    There are no edits in custom_buddypress. After the update this did not work, so I removed these edits. :/

The strange thing is, that the link works, when right-clicked/open-in-new-tab.

Only when clicking directly, the end of the link is missing.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi again, we will take another look. You can try to install a fresh site as test to see how it goes

---

Anchora
    Participant

Thanks Abe!

I did a workaround, which works, but is not too elegant:
    I have inserted a bp-profile-search-widget. Via this, the paginationlinks do work.

But that also means I would have to delete the sweetdate-search…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?